Carbone Family in apice, italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ralphresta
Rookie
Rookie

Carbone Family in apice, italy

Post by ralphresta »

Grandfather's birth certificate indicates his name as Giuseppe Antonio Carbone and birthdate as May 21, 1895 and his parents names as Crescenzo and Carolina. From the Ellis Island Passenger Records, notation of Guiseppe Carbone arrived in NY from Naples on May 3, 1912. Last place of residence was noted as Apice. His sister -Maria and his brothers - Berardino and Crescenzo (Benny and Charlie). Their birth certicates have their names as Berardino (Benny) and Crescenzo (Charlie).
The following info was given to me by my moms cousin:
My Great Grandmother Carolina's father was a well known, famous portrait painter in his home town. Growing up, a relative lived only a few blocks away from her and saw her every day and Grandmother Carolina would tell stories about her life in Italy and mentioned that her Father was a famous portrait painter in Apice.
Hoping to find family there.
Make It A Great Day,
Ralph
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Carbone Family in apice, italy

Post by Italysearcher »

Write to the Mayor. If your Grandfather was famous the town will likely have an interest in his descendants.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.tuttitalia.it/campania/41-apice for the Aprice administrative website and scroll down to the MUNICIPIO where the address for all vitalstatistics are located. inthe middle there is also a www for Apice contianing the tourist information. =Peter=
~Peter~
ralphresta
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ralphresta »

PeterTimber wrote:Go to www.tuttitalia.it/campania/41-apice for the Aprice administrative website and scroll down to the MUNICIPIO where the address for all vitalstatistics are located. inthe middle there is also a www for Apice contianing the tourist information. =Peter=
Thanks so much Peter. I'll do that
Make It A Great Day,
Ralph