Finding Grandfather's Birth Certificate

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
terpe

Finding Grandfather's Birth Certificate

Post by terpe »

First time here. I need to find my Grandfather's birth certificate. The info I have is that he was born in Cerreto Sannita April 11, 1897. This seems to be confirmed by the passenger records of the ship on which he arrived, his naturalization papers and one relative.

I had written to the Comune di Benevento, the provence in which Cerreto Sannita is located and where I was told to write. Their response was that there is no record of him. I have no idea where to turn next. His name was Nicola Guarino. Any help appreciated.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Finding Grandfather's Birth Certificate

Post by johnnyonthespot »

terpe wrote:First time here. I need to find my Grandfather's birth certificate. The info I have is that he was born in Cerreto Sannita April 11, 1897. This seems to be confirmed by the passenger records of the ship on which he arrived, his naturalization papers and one relative.

I had written to the Comune di Benevento, the provence in which Cerreto Sannita is located and where I was told to write. Their response was that there is no record of him. I have no idea where to turn next. His name was Nicola Guarino. Any help appreciated.
If he was born in Cerreto Sannita, then you need to write to Cerreto Sannita. Italian vital records are maintained at the level of the cumune, no matter how tiny or how large.

Write again, this time to:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Cerreto Sannita
82032 CERRETO SANNITA BN
ITALY

and best of luck!
terpe

Re: Finding Grandfather's Birth Certificate

Post by terpe »

Thanks so much!