Genealogy forms

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Genealogy forms

Post by donnawright »

I posted a link earlier to a family group sheet written in Italian. After reviewing the words with the help of Google translator, the only problem is that I think it is specific to the Mormon church. Nothing wrong with that at all, but for my purpose, I'm concerned that the use of terms like suggellato ai genitori (sealed to parents) will not be understood by the people I am sending these forms to.

Does anyone have a link to an Italian family group sheet to share with me, and also an Italian pedigree chart? So far I have not been able to find these on the net.

If you don't have a link but have hard copies, please scan and email to donna j wright @ hotmail.com

I would appreciate this so very much.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Genealogy forms

Post by johnnyonthespot »

donnawright wrote:I posted a link earlier to a family group sheet written in Italian. After reviewing the words with the help of Google translator, the only problem is that I think it is specific to the Mormon church. Nothing wrong with that at all, but for my purpose, I'm concerned that the use of terms like suggellato ai genitori (sealed to parents) will not be understood by the people I am sending these forms to.

Does anyone have a link to an Italian family group sheet to share with me, and also an Italian pedigree chart? So far I have not been able to find these on the net.

If you don't have a link but have hard copies, please scan and email to donna j wright @ hotmail.com

Donna - if you let me know exactly which form(s) you want to use from the previous link and exactly what you would like changed on that form, I may be able to find the time to do it for you then email the corrected form.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

donnawright wrote:...If you don't have a link but have hard copies, please scan and email to donna j wright @ hotmail.com

Hey, Donna - this may be even better...

I was searching around the web when I came to a page on ancestry.com's site where they have charts available for download. And I thought to myself, I wonder if Ancestry has an Italian version of their site? I replaced the ".com" with ".it" and voila! Check this one out. Click the "Scarica modulo >>" link to download an Italian pedigree chart, or click one of the links on the right to view other charts available in Italiano.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Very helpful.......I didn't know that was even available and have been with ancestry for some years... 8O Thanks Johnny!!
Lee

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

wldspirit wrote:Very helpful.......I didn't know that was even available and have been with ancestry for some years... 8O Thanks Johnny!!
Lee
The best part, nearly as I can tell you don't need to be a member in order to download these forms!
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

He really is Johnnyonthespot, isn't he Lee! I found people in Italy who share my surname or other family surnames. I don't know yet if we are related, but I am on the hunt through their ancestors, looking for common ancestors between us. But they say things like, my grandfather, or uncle, and do not offer names -- and the "nipote" term throws me off entirely. Google translator does not do a good job in translating information dealing with relationships. I call on the good folks here to help in those more critical times. Also, sometimes these good Italians give me where their grandfather came from, and they do not include his name, brothers & sisters... stuff like that.... incomplete info. I thought I would take an Italian language pedigree chart and family group sheet, complete what I know and send it through the mail (or email when very very lucky) and hope that they will see what I want from them.

If you can suggest any improvement in that strategy, please feel free.

I think it very cool that two experienced people learned something new and helped me find what I hope to be very useful. But seriously, you who are more experienced -- poke holes in that strategy and kick in other info that I might not be thinking of. I want to send crisp pieces that will yield the best possible result. Since I don't know Italian, I don't want to wear anyone out with stupid tasks. And,,,, wow.... thanks for this, Johnny.

Donna
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

I am not a member, and I went right to the forms through your link here. I bookmarked it too.

Donna
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

This may help in family terminology:

http://www.smartphrase.com/Italian/it_y ... _voc.shtml

Lee :)

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."