Help With San Salvatore di fitalia

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
dnnisgomez

Help With San Salvatore di fitalia

Post by dnnisgomez »

I am having the hardest time trying to get vital records from this town. I emailed the info address on the s. salvatore fi fitalia website (3 times )but I did not get a reply. What paper work do I send? Does anyone know an email that works that a person would respond too. If you have contacted this commune please let me know what you found out, what they sent and the procedure.

Thank You,

Dennis
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Re: Help With San Salvatore di fitalia

Post by Joannsalvo »

Have you tried your local Family History Center.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

In some of the towns where I search the computers in most of the offices are so old they don't even have internet. The email address just makes them look up to date and is more for the mayor and councillors I think. Many anagrafe offices 'lose' requests on paper so losing emails is even easier. If what you need has not been microfilmed then write a letter and enclose and addressed envelope (at least).
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Dennis hope you wrote in Italian? if not go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

Enclose a self addressed envelope to encourage a reply. =Peter=
~Peter~
dnnisgomez

Post by dnnisgomez »

Thanks for your advise Ill see what I can do!! Im not quite sure who I should address the letter I wrote to. I checked the website and it did not mention who is in charge of the records in this small town.

Thank you everyone,

Dennis
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Dennis no need to address it to anyone special. Go to this website for information about the town and the address listed under MUNICIPIO.
Go to www.tuttitalia.it/sicilia/95-san-salvatore-di-fitalia and then scroll down to Municipio and mail your form letter to that address. There is no charge its free!!

Go to the right for the www for tourist info about the town. =Peter=
~Peter~
dnnisgomez

Post by dnnisgomez »

Peter,

Thank you for the information. I will see if they will send me the paper work. I appreciate eveyone's time and effort. This site has helped me learn so much about my family!

You guys are great!

Dennis
dnnisgomez

Post by dnnisgomez »

I sent a letter 3 months ago asking for info on my family in s. salvatore fi fitalia. They never responded. I sent postage and a letter in Italian. What should I do? I am at a dead end...

Dennis
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Joannsalvo wrote:Have you tried your local Family History Center.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
While you wait for a reply (sometimes it can take 6 weeks or 6 months), I would follow the suggestion to visit your local Family History Center. Order the microfilm for S. Salvatore di fitalia and view the records (they have records from 1820 - 1910 listed).

T.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Denis if you are going to use the Mormon microfilms there is a companion book, and very helpful. Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson. =Peter=
~Peter~