Certification of Nonexistence of a Record

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Certification of Nonexistence of a Record

Post by cdevita »

I have all of my paperwork ready to go for my appt in Los Angeles...One last item remains and that is the final from USCIS on the State of No Record. I am confident of them finding nothing since I did a census record, NARA search and county clerk search.

How long has it taken anyone to get a Certification of Nonexistence of a Record once sent in to D.C.?
arist
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Certification of Nonexistence of a Record

Post by arist »

3-4 months
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

ah! Thank you--better than a year I guess. So I will re-schedule appt
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

I think I got mine in record time. Well I got a couple responses in record time. I sent out 6 letters, and got 3 no records certifications back. The first three letters were probably discarded as they didn't contain enough information for them to perform the request, is my guess. The second set of letters were very detailed and I got them back in I think it was 2-4 weeks. I was surprised at how quickly they came back.

Here is my post about them.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... tml#106373

in this thread: http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... c/t=11351/
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

Keep appointment, better to go with what you have, they will most likely require multiple visits to apply anyhow. You can always mail in the document when it arrives. Better to get the ball rolling than to put it off, imho.
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

Oh!! OK!! I can't wait to go!
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

Oh!! OK!! I can't wait to go! Why will it require multiple visits if I am supplying everything on the their website list including census records and baptismal info? Did my homework here...
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

when are you scheduled? Tell me about it. I was also overly prepared. The official looked over ALL my originals with me, took almost 40 minutes, then said, please leave the photocopied set for further review. After an in-depth review he will determine if I am eligible to apply. I know I am eligible, I met ALL the documentation requirements. Not sure why I wasn't able to apply on the spot either.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Or am I just being made to wait?
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

The 6 letters you sent...were they for the Statement of No Record or the Certification of Nonexistence of THEIR letter? According to the USCIS website they are working on records from early November. Mine was sent in on Nov 12, 2009. I emailed them three times, received responses twice basically saying, "when we around to it". I sent another email yesterday but with Snowmageddon hitting the DC area, I imagine things are coming to a grinding halt there.
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

Scheduled March 26, 2010
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

I sent 6 request letters for the certified copy of non-existence of naturalization. I sent the same letter to the three addresses posted in that thread. Once I reviewed my letter, I didn't include place of birth, full name, parents names, etc to make the determination easier, so a few days later I sent another set of letters out to the 3 addresses. I got back 3 responses, one was a duplicate from the same person.
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

OK Thanks--so never seeing this letter they are going to send me--this isn't a letter in which I need to send an original back to them like an Apostille since you sent it to three places. I can send a copy of their STATEMENT OF NO RECORD requesting the Certification of Nonexistence...
Mulé
Elite
Elite

Post by Mulé »

Yeah, in my cover letter requesting the certified letter of non-existence of naturalization I put all the important details and included a copy of the "no records" that the USCIS sent to me when I did my initial search.

No apostille is needed for this proof.

I uploaded a redacted copy of the certified letter of non-existence of naturalization here: http://www.italiancitizenship.freeforum ... html#p5162

I also uploaded it here just in case you can't view it on the other forum: certified letter of non-existence of naturalization
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

Thank you!
cdevita
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cdevita »

Had to tell someone--Sent in my request for Certification of Nonexistence of a Record...and received it in one week!! WOW!!