Translation Help Please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
HVeneziano

Translation Help Please

Post by HVeneziano »

Hello,

After many months of waiting I finally received my gg-grandfathers records from Castrofilippo and Canicatti Sicily. I know what is said on most of a letter that they sent me along with the information but am having trouble translating part of it. Hopefully someone can help.

Here is the text-

Mi permetto di comunicarle che lei ha qui, ancora, qualche parente residente, ma negli USA e precisamente a New York vive una sua parente il quale bisnonno (Angelo Seminatore) era figlio di Giuseppe e di DiSimone Diega e quindi questo signor Angelo Seminatore era fratello di suo nonno.
Se vuole l'indirizzo di questa sua parente mi faccia sapere. Nella speranza di averle fatto cosa gradita, si porgono distinti saluti.

Also on his death record it says

anni 61 all'epoca della morte Canicatti
He was 61 years old when he died but died in Castrofilippo, is this information about his wife?

Thank you all in advance, I really apprieciate all the help I get off of this site.

Sincerly,
HVeneziano
DeliBoy
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translation Help Please

Post by DeliBoy »

"Allow me to tell you that you still have some resident relations here, but in the USA, New York to be precise lives one of your relatives whose great grandfather (Angelo Seminatore) was the son of Giuseppe [Seminatore] and Diega DiSimone, and therefore this Mr Angelo Seminatore was the brother of your grandfather.
If you want the address of this relation of yours, let me know. In the hope of having done something pleasing for you, I offer you my best regards."

You already understand what the death record says. From this excerpt, I don’t see why you think this is to do with his wife.
HVeneziano

Re: Translation Help Please

Post by HVeneziano »

Thank you so much DeliBoy for the translation. I'm sorry about the death certificate question, I read the form over too quickly and didn't realize that they were stating that he was born in Canicatti. I thought that they were saying that is where his wife died.

Best wishes and Thank you again,
Sincerly,
HVeneziano