Family from Agnone, Montagano

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
moonshyn79

Family from Agnone, Montagano

Post by moonshyn79 »

Ciao!
I am trying to find more information on my ancestors!
Here is some of what I have- Hopefully you can add to it!
Nicola Joseph VITULLO b. 03/19/1893 d. 05/11/1972 married Clara (possibly Clarice?) DELLA VALLE.
She was born 08/16/1891 ? in Agnone Italy. d. 09/14/1947 She immigrated to Providence Rhode Island in 1911. I have a note that she at one time lived with an Aunt and Uncle Zucchi
Nicola immigrated from Montagano- a providence of Campobasso, Italy.
Their children:
Isabella Anna Vitullo (Betty) My grandmother, Adeline (lena), Michele (michael), Anna, Mary, Gladys, Gloria. I have more info on these children if anyone is needing it!

Michele Angelo VITULLO- he was a shoemaker in Agnone, Italy He died 04/16/1916 immigrated from Campobasso to USA in 1900.
Married Maria GALUPPO. She immigrated over with 2 of their children in Oct. 1903.
Their children are Nicola Joseph Vitullo b. 03/19/1892 or 1893
Lena, Etta,(Macarusso), Carmella Comella, Susie La Lauci(Faudi not sure) Vera, and Luigi. I have some other info on them, need more.

Luigi Galuppo married Antonette? and one of their children is Maria GALUPPO.
on the other side, I have a Nicola VITULLO- his son was Michele Angelo VITULLO.
That's as far back as I have, please let me know if you have any info!

Kelly
moonshyn79 @ hotmail.com
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Family from Agnone, ?Montazono?

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Quick point: in case it is not obvious, Clara's surname is almost certainly Della Valle (with the space). This can make a big difference when searching for documents on many sites.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The informatuion that we have and can facilitate your research objectives is to go to the Italian Genealogy Form Letters site at
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

I assume you want to go back in time to earlier ancestors and should you wish you might inquire at the Mormon family history library closest to your home for microfilm of vital records for each ot the towns of origin. (www.familysearch.org for nearest library to your home). =Peter=
~Peter~
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Don't know if you have this, but this might be Clarisa's manifest.

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0025

p2
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0025

Can you confirm?
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

Nicola immigrated from Montazono- a providence of Campobasso, Italy.
Your Vitullo/Galuppo family was probably from Montagano, which is a comune in the province of Campobasso. Galuppo is the most common surname in that town and Vitullo is also found there in numbers. The civil records for that town have been filmed by the Mormons. Go to www.familysearch.org then Library>LibraryCatalog>PlaceSearch and type in Montagano to view the film details. You can view these films at the church's Family History Centers. Go to the above site to find the Center nearest you.
John Armellino
moonshyn79

Re: Family from Agnone, Montagano

Post by moonshyn79 »

Misbris- THANK YOU! I think that is her!! How do I get more information on it? That is so exciting!
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

You have a few options. Clarisa's mother's name is Elisa Lucca, so you have another family name to search. She was going to an uncle, Giovanni Lucca who was probably Elisa's brother. Check census records in Providence for this family.

You can get the Mormon records, as John suggested. Agnone records are available fron 1809 to 1899 so you can trace the Della Valle and Lucca families.
moonshyn79

Post by moonshyn79 »

I went to the mormon chuch today and ordered some microfilm! Should be a couple weeks... Thanks you for your help!
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

I found a few Giovanni Luccas who immigrated. No one from Agnone. Do you have any idea of where he settled or his occupation?
moonshyn79

Post by moonshyn79 »

I just have that Clara (Clarice) Della Valle came over from Agnone, Italy to Providence, Rhode Island around 1911 -she behaved badly and was sent to America to live with her Aunt and Uncle Zucchi... That is all I can find on her. She did die of cancer. I don't know anything of her family...
Where did you find the info on her mother?
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

The manifest says that she left her mother Elisa in Agnone. I thought the last name was Lucca, but it could be Zucca. Check the manifest carefully and see what you think.
moonshyn79

Post by moonshyn79 »

I think her mother's maiden name was Elisa Zucchi (they may have put Zucca) I got their names from a census. I can't find anyother information on her.