Lupi's from Montemonaco, Ascoli Piceno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jerrydorff

Lupi's from Montemonaco, Ascoli Piceno

Post by jerrydorff »

I'm trying to find information on my family, from my mothers side that came from Italy to America around the turn of the 1900 century. They came from Montemonaco, Ascoli Piceno. My grandfather was born in Chicago in 1908 and his name is Armondo Gerald (Herman) Lupi. His father Filippo (Felix) Lupi was married to Giovanola (Jennie) Tirabassi and he was born in Ascoli Piceno in 1882. His father, my great great grandfather is Pacifico Lupi and he married Loretta Luciani. I'm planing a trip in the future to Ascoli, and I would love to see any relatives I might still have there. I have absolutely no information about Pacifico and further back. Any help would be truly appreciated.
Gerald (Jerry) Dorff
vj
Master
Master

Re: Lupi's from Montemonaco, Ascoli Piceno

Post by vj »

Welcome to the forum Jerry!
This may help you locate family currently living in Montemonaco or nearby.
Valarie

White pages:
http://www.paginebianche.it/index_en.html

Form Letter to a Possible Relative
jerrydorff

Post by jerrydorff »

Thanks for that info, but I'm also tring to find out if Pacifico had anymore children other than Felix, and his sister Rossa, that never left Italy. Or if Pacifico had brothers or sisters. I have a wealth of informtion on Felix since he imagrated to the US. Are there any data bases that are available in the Marche region that would have that kind of info from that period of time? As far as I know right now, Felix and Rosa were the only children, and if that's the case I'm thinking all of my relatives on the lupi side might only be in America. Any help would be apreciated.
Gerald (Jerry) Dorff
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Montemonaco does not seem to have any microfilm records of births,marriages and deaths. They may have though a CERTIFICATO DI STATO DI FAMIGLIA (family certificate in Pacifico's name and approximate year of his birth showing the date and place of birth of each family member.

There may be a charge as well. Go to this website:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

Mail your request to the UFFICIO ANAGRAFE (census office) in Montemonaco. www.tuttitalia.it/marche/57-montemonaco and scroll down to MUNICIPIO and mail to that address. =Peter=
~Peter~