Is my BF lieing? (pics)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ellie23

Is my BF lieing? (pics)

Post by ellie23 »

Ok so this guy I like said hes like quarter italian but he has pale skin (not like super pale but not italian) and has like red hair and blue eyes so how can he be telling the truth, he says its his fathers side from cremona and that its because his mother is light skinned thats why he is like it, he says its his fathers side from cremona or somewhere but we both live in the uk and are 18 if that makes any diference, i got only these crappy webcam pics so please try and help :)

http://img28.imageshack.us/i/snapshot4u.jpg/

http://img714.imageshack.us/i/snapshot2k.jpg/
lilbees
Master
Master

Re: Is my BF lieing? (pics)

Post by lilbees »

My dad was light skinned w/green eyes. I am also what I call pale and puicky. Whatever. The Italians in my family have hair ranging from red to black and a lot inbetween. As I was told by someone on this forum, a lot of folks from other countries marched across or occupied Italy over the centuries so we are all a great big mix.

The mongoles occupied Europe and Russia for over 500 years. Look around those countries and you will find many people with oriental traits.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
ellie23

Post by ellie23 »

hehe thats funny, in tv shows and movies its always like black hair dark skin isn't it? :) i saw a blonde italian once and she was really pretty
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

You know, when guys and gals get together who knows what the mix will be.
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
DeFilippis78
Master
Master

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Yes there are many different looks of Italians, not just the typical dark hair and dark eyes. Ive seen pale and dark skin, blue eyes up to black, red hair and freckled all the way up to jet black hair. I was just recently mistaken for a lebanese person! My point is there are many mixes and a person who is 100% Italian can look 100% Irish, lol!

Alicia
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

I don't think you can tell someone's heritage just by looking at him. However, I come from a familyof pale, freckled, blonde, red-headed blue and green eyed Italians on one side, and olive skinned, dark hair and brown eyed Italians on the other. Let me tell you those blue eyed genes come through generation after generation.
Eleven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Eleven »

My aunt was blonde with blue eyes and my mom claimed her grandfather had red hair.

I am half sicilian and half napolitano and my skin is very light. My hair and eyes are dark, but I sunburn.

I look at the pix. I would believe the guy. He could very well be Italian.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Looks an awful lot like a guy I used to work with. Tool designer named Roland G....
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

A question from a non-native English speaking guy...

The subject of this topic is "Is my BF lieing?"

Is lieing correct or should it be spelled lying?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Lying would be correct.

Lying:

v. - Present participle of lie.

adj. - Disposed to or characterized by untruth: a lying witness.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

my mother has natural red/auburn hair and her sister was blond with blue eyes. She is half Calabrese and half from the north (Belluno)

I'd say it's very possible!
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

My mom was fair skinned with hazel eyes-both her parents were born in southwest Sicily. She used to ride the train into Manhattan with a German born woman who lived in her apt building. Neighbors mistook them for sisters.
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

I think it could be true. My father was a good deal darker then my mother was. My Fathers Mother Lena Nigrelli was on the lite side with sky blue eyes and she was from Sicily.
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Squigy
Master
Master

Post by Squigy »

Hi, just wanted to point something out. Cremona is in Northern Italy (Lombardy), and while, as many others said, there are Southern Italians with light skin, hair, etc., this is more common in the North.
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
rmorda

Post by rmorda »

I have a cousin who is 100% Italian, and she has red hair and blue eyes, and very light skinned with freckles. She has a sister and three brothers and all of them have dark hair and dark eyes. She is the only one in the family with this, so when her mother (my aunt) used to visit Italy she used to take her with her, because she's the only one in the entire family that has it, so yes, it's very possible, especially is he's only 1/4 Italian.