Pasquale Perrotta birth

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Pasquale Perrotta birth

Post by oilman19 »

When translating this document, could you please compare Pasquale's mother in this document to Domenico's wife in previous thread "Domenico Morti". It will better explain my confusion about Domenico's mother and wife listed on his morti document. Also the parents of Raffaele Perrotta in the thread "Carmela Tamburrino, Raffaele Perrotta matrimoni 1908" seem to indicate the info on Domenico's morti may have been recorded incorrectly.
Since it doesn't appear there are 2 Domenico's in S.M., any opinions about the discrepancies would be appreciated. Ultimately, I will continue to seek more confirming evidence wherever I can. I do value the opinions of the genealogists who post on this forum and they may guide me to the next place to seek the correct info.
Thank you for your kindness.

Jim

p.s. I would have shown those quoted threads on this one if I knew how to do it.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... th1883.jpg
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Pasquale Perrotta birth

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim,

I think that Domenico's wife in the morti (Angela Nora Iannotta) is the same as Pasquale's mother (Angela Nora Iannotta). In this document the second name for the mother again looks like "Rosa" to me, but that may be wishful thinking.
I definitely think that this is the same Domenico. Age and occupation work:
1883 - he was 41 and a gardener
1887 - he was 45 at his death with gardener as his occupation.

I'm not understanding what "discrepancies" you see.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

BTW -
Pasquale Perrotta was born on 19 February 1883, at 1 PM at Via Perrella
to Domenico Perrotta, 41, gardener, and his wife Angela Nora (or Rosa) Iannotta.

Sorry :-( forgot to translate the record for you.

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

That is where the problem is. Domenico's wife should be Rosa (I think). Was his mother and wife named Rosa? Their last names are also very similar. All references to the mother of the children is Rosa Iannotta.
I'm still kind of confused. Do you see the problem that I see?

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Well, if Angela Nora (or Rosa) Iannotta is the wife of Domenico, and the mother of Pasquale, and she used her "second name", then she COULD be Rosa Iannotta.

When you say "Domenico's wife should be Rosa" is that because you found that on other documentation?

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

One son's mafifest says his mother is Rosa Iannotta. I believe Raffaele's birth act noted in the allegati register refers to Rose Iannotta.
Do you think Domenico had a mother named Rose with a similar last name, or am I making a problem that isn't there.

Jim
Jim

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

OK, I went back to the Raffaele allegati as you did. This looks to be the same Domenico and "Rosa" as parents. Father's age/occupation are the same. (Even the same address "Via Perrella")

I'm thinking that the confusion lies with the morti of Domenico.
Yes, his mother was named Rosa, but her last name was "la Natta", not Iannotta.
His WIFE was Angela "Rosa" Iannotta. (I am still reading that second name as Rosa).

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

In This document it is indeed Rosa!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Thank you Livio :-) I was hoping you would take a look at this one.

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Good news (I think). I just found the birth act for Angela Rosa Iannotta on my film at the LDS center. I will scan it when I can. She was born in 1844.

Thank you for bearing with me. I really do appreciate it.
Thank you, Livio.

Jim
Jim

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

GREAT! I was thinking just now that the way to settle some of the mystery would be to find her birth act.

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you for your help and patience. I started a new thread for Angela Rosa Iannotta.

Jim
Jim