looking for my father in italy

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
rullex

looking for my father in italy

Post by rullex »

Hi! I am looking for my father whos currently living in Italy. I have a former adress to him and also a adress to a place he is hiring or at least did hire for about 10 years ago. I've searched the phone numbers to this places and found them both, but at the adress he lived the numbers is out of work and at the other place no one has answered for about a month.

Now im wondering how I can find his new adress. He got to live somewere? And also wondering if there is anyway to search for mobile numbers or something? How do i continue with my search.

I havent talked to him in about 10 years when i was about 9, and now im 19. So I really wish to find him.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: looking for my father in italy

Post by johnnyonthespot »

It is probably a long shot, but if you haven't done so already then you certainly need to check the Italian telephone directory: http://www.paginebianche.it/index_en.html
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
rullex

Post by rullex »

Thank you for your reply! I've already done that. So thats why im here really! :) But thanks anyhow! Any others tips?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Not really, but if you post more info we have several members who reside in various parts of Italy and may have some suggestions.

I realize you probably want some privacy in this matter, but the more you can offer the more you may get back in return. What city/comune had your father been living in? About how old would he be? What line of work? His full name? (okay, that one may be too much...)
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
rullex

Post by rullex »

edit
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

So, I assume that this listing from the Italian telephone book either is not your father or is the telephone which is dead?

Guerra Claudio
47921 Rimini (RN)
Via Ponte Della Priula, 7
tel: 0541 55794

And this one?

[deleted - Carmine]

I will be happy to delete these whenever you wish; just send me a PM (click the button below) as a reminder.
Carmine

rullex

Post by rullex »

Ive called the second one, and it isnt him! I will try the first one though. Will come back with what I found out calling in a bit.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

In Bellaria Igea Marina it is a Guerra Guerrino:
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... o&dv=&ind=

see: #6
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
rullex

Post by rullex »

suanj wrote:In Bellaria Igea Marina it is a Guerra Guerrino:
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... o&dv=&ind=

see: #6
suanj
Thank you! I forgot to write that I have that number but that no one have answered there for more then 2 months. So I dont know if there ever is someone there! :(

Isnt there any kind of way of searching mobile numbers in italy?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

It is strange... it is possible that the name appearing on the directory but the line is off.. however you can write a letter... Bellaria Igea Marina address ....
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
rullex

Post by rullex »

Yes, but on the other hand there is tones when I call, so its very strange. Yep, writing a letter seems like an idea. But as I said I dont know if there ever is someone there!
rullex

Post by rullex »

Ive now called all the numbers you guys found for me, and no answere. Is there any way you can think of that can lead to me finding him?

And I ask again, is there any way to find mobile numbers in Italy?
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

rullex wrote:Ive now called all the numbers you guys found for me, and no answere. Is there any way you can think of that can lead to me finding him?

As in the US, I am not aware of any directory of mobile telephone numbers.

My impressions, perhaps wrong, is that the Italian government always knows where people are residing. When someone moves into a community, he/she must alert the local questera (? help me out here Livio or Raffelle) and I presume that the authorities in the former place of residence get notifed as well.

If this is the case, and you seem to know where he had been living, perhaps you could contact the comune and ask if they have a new address for him? If privacy rules prevent the sharing of such information, perhaps they would forward a card or letter on your behalf?
Carmine

lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

I have only one suggestion. Verify with the operator that the number(s) you are calling is a working number. You mentioned you get "tones" when calling. An inactive number may give you those sounds.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
BigVee
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BigVee »

rullex wrote:Ive now called all the numbers you guys found for me, and no answere. Is there any way you can think of that can lead to me finding him?

Hi, i am not sure what country you are in, if say you where in England you could phone the Italian consulate in London-02078386984, they have a separate department that will help you, hope you get re-united soon,
All the best Vee