Delucchi in Montoggio 1800-1880

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MarkAnthony

Delucchi in Montoggio 1800-1880

Post by MarkAnthony »

Hello Everyone,

I am so glad I found this site, I've been looking for an Italian genealogy site for a while! I've traced my Italian ancestors back to two regions of Italy, and even made it to the small church in northern Italy (in Aggio, near Genova) that has the birth record of my great-great grandfather Luigi Delucchi. It turns out that many Delucchis emigrated to northern California from the area around Genova, and especially from Montoggio and the area around it (Montoggio is a bit north-northeast of Genova), in the second half of 19th century.

According to Italian documents I have, my great-great grandmother Catterina Delucchi was born in Montoggio in 1840. I went to Montoggio hoping to get information, but the church was closed and the one person I found hanging around was not cooperative. I've gone to the Montoggio city web site, but it's in Italian, which I can't read.

I believe that all of the Delucchis in northern California are from the area around Montoggio and are related, but I need to see birth, death, and marriage records for the region to delineate all of the relationships.

So, my question is: does anyone know how to get civil records for Montoggio and surrounding communities for the period 1800 to about 1880, without having to actually go to Montoggio? I am particularly interested in records between 1830 and 1860. Most importantly, can anyone provide the URLs of web sites or the e-mail addresss of persons or institutions that might have this information?

Grazie mille,

Mark Anthony Delucchi
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Delucchi in Montoggio 1800-1880

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello and welcome to the forum! :-)

You can write directly to the comune to request birth, death and marriage records. You should write in Italian. Here is a site to help you...

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... ello2.html

Address:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via IV Novembre, 18
16026 Montoggio (GE)
ITALY

Do not send money until requested by the comune. However, do send a self-addressed UNSTAMPED envelope along.

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

You may also find some records at your local LDS Family History Center.

www.familysearch.org

Put in your zip for the nearest center...

They have microfilms available to view for Montoggio from 1866-1910.
Limited...but another alternative.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... +Montoggio++

nati = births; morti = deaths; matrimoni = marriages

T.
MarkAnthony

Post by MarkAnthony »

Thanks a lot Tessa. Although the LDS records don't go back as far as I would like, it's still definitely worth looking for Delucchi births and marriages and to see if I can make any connections.

Ciao,

Mark Delucchi
Granburyian

Post by Granburyian »

We have visited the Genoa area a couple of times. The phone directory has 247 Delucchi's when we first visited years ago. I fell like a Smith for the first time in my life. There a plenty of us now in the U.S.A. as well, mostly in the central California area as you mentioned.

On our second visit we visited the "City Hall" and the records were hand written in books by year of birth or when ever they recorded the event.

Cemeteries had loads of Delucchi folks as well and some had photos on the markers. Interesting.

My grandparents came from an inland area south and east of Genoa. Verese Lugure. My cousin came from an area west of Genoa. Most farmed and did so when settling in the Bay Area.

I have my family history on the www.delucchifamily.com website. Check it out and see if there rare any h its. Ran out of space Phil
MarkAnthony

Post by MarkAnthony »

Hi Phil,

I checked out your web site, and Wow!, you have a pretty amazing Delucchi family history. You must have made several trips to Italy. I didn't see any names that obviously connected with my ancestors, but then, part of the problem is that I don't know the names of the siblings, aunts, or cousins of my great-great grandparents Luigi and Caterina Delucchi. I do suspect that you and I are distantly related, but it will take a bit of digging to figure out the connection!

Best,

Mark A. Delucchi

p.s. I'll also send you an e-mail direclty
anjelka

Post by anjelka »

Hi Mark Anthony

Interestingly there is a Giudo Delucchi d.o.b. 23/12/1856 (father Luigi) showing on the military rolls for the province of Padova. You can look it up by accessing Archivio Storico del Distretto Militare di Padova. Unfortunately you need to know at least 3 letters of anyone's name to find a person as it wont access by surname only.

Good luck
Delucchi_Hannah

Post by Delucchi_Hannah »

Hello! I am extremely excited to have found this. I typed in (Genova Italy Delucchi) in the Google search engine, and I find this on the first page. My father Fred Anthony Delucchi is my father and his father is Louis Delucchi. Louis's parents are Antone Delucchi-1863-1944 and Maria Delucchi-1872-? This is as far as my father and I have gotten. But we have MUCH MORE information and photos.

Please reply back here, anyone who knows more about my ancestry or if we have a link. Also my email is hdelucchi@yahoo.com

:)