Looking for foligno's

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Foligno

Looking for foligno's

Post by Foligno »

Can Anyone help me?
I'm searching for my italian ancestors which originated from the bardi region of Italy.At the moment I havn't got the exact date they emmigrated to south wales uk from there but it was just before the second world war.
My grandfather's name was Giovanni Folignoand he came here to open up a string of cafe's and ice cream business.The only living relative left is my grandmother but she has lost her marbles so I can get any information from her.
Any leads would be appreciated!
You can contact me instantly on msn messenger....my addy is:-
The__godfatheruk@hotmail.com
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Looking for foligno's

Post by mfjp »

Are there any ships-manifests avail. from Italy to South Wales? Has anyone researched these? If so, where or how can they be researched?

Our Grandparents have had both good and bad days remembering things... the term "lost her marbles" doesn't really sound all that respectful. I am kicking myself today for not asking enough questions, and for not listening long enough...

mfjp
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

He is listed in www.ancestry.co.uk and there is a fee. Peter
Foligno

Post by Foligno »

Can you be more specific peter......can you send me the correct link on ancestry.com to take me straight there.
Thanks
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I sent it. Peter
Foligno

Post by Foligno »

Thanks for that peter but I payed the fee with ancestry and it was a different giovanni foligno.
Foligno

Post by Foligno »

Ok Through finding my uncle I have come across a few facts about Giovanni foligno my grandfather.He was actually from Grezzo a small village just on the outskirts of Bardi.He came to south wales at the age of 9 in 1917.
Finding out this information I can now go to my local Family History Center
and search through the Grezzo Church files for baptisms deaths and marriages to try and go back a bit further.
Just waiting in anticapation for them to bleeding open!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

according to my records there are no microfilm civil records for Grezzo (Provinncia Parma) at FHL. The information may be wrong,however, and so givre it a try!! peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

according to my records there are no microfilm civil records for Grezzo (Provinncia Parma) at FHL. The information may be wrong,however, and so givre it a try!! peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Foligno wrote:Ok Through finding my uncle I have come across a few facts about Giovanni foligno my grandfather.He was actually from Grezzo a small village just on the outskirts of Bardi.He came to south wales at the age of 9 in 1917.
Finding out this information I can now go to my local Family History Center
and search through the Grezzo Church files for baptisms deaths and marriages to try and go back a bit further.
Just waiting in anticapation for them to bleeding open!
Hi: Grezzo is an fraction of Bardi Common(Parma province/Emilia Romagna region/Italy) http://www.comune.bardi.pr.it/default.asp ; all records after 1871, births, marriages, deaths, (about your ancestors and also records of Giovanni relatives), are in Offices of Bardi City Hall; you can send an email : anagrafe@comune.bardi.pr.it or an normal post to:
Servizi Demografici
Piazza Vittoria, 1
43032 Bardi (PR)
Italy
regards, suanj
Foligno

Post by Foligno »

Thank you for that information suanj I will e-mail as soon as possible.
In reply to your post peter this link will take you top the page that I viewd about church records in grezzo.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I was talking about civil records in Grezzo not church records since they are not on micorfilm and not available to you at your location. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I do not know if those church records are on microfilm. Please let me know if they are. Peter
Foligno

Post by Foligno »

I sure will peter!
If you read that link I posted at the bottom it's says
Physical in 3 bobine di microfilm ; 35 mm.
So I assume they are available...I'll keep you posted
Foligno

Post by Foligno »

Phew Ok this is an old one revived from the pass.
I have just returned from from a weekend trip to Grezzo in Bardi and all I can ask is why did so many people decide to leave there in the earlier part of the 20th century.What a beautiful peaceful place it was, I will definitely be returning there soon for a longer break.I have pictures of the area for anyone else who is interested.If you want to see some just leave your emails and I will gladly send them as the file attach is not working for me on this website.