Cirbotto Family in Foggia Italy circa 1947

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SidGa

Cirbotto Family in Foggia Italy circa 1947

Post by SidGa »

Dears,
I am helping a friend of mine to trace his roots. Unfortunately I have not been able to find any information regarding his past on the Web using conventional methods, I am hoping you may be able to help. Here is the info we have of him:
His given name originally was Vittorio Cirbotto , was born in Foggia, Italy on or about April 25, 1947.
Victor was first admitted to the USA on April 26, 1952 under the name Vittorio Cirbotto, and released by Dott. Prof. Filippo DeCapua ,dir. of Del Brefotrofio of Italy to the National Catholic Welfare Conference for adoption in the USA in accordance with the provisions of DPA section 2. He was subsequently adopted 4 days later on or about April of 1952.
Are there any information as to who the biological parents if Victor/Vittorio were ? All we know is that he was born in Foggia,Italy or or about April 25, 1947.
Any assistance or guidance to find some info about Victor's Biological parents would be greatly appreciated. I have searched the web for the family name Cirbotto and have not found anything ,as though such family name does not even exists.
Kind regards,
Sid
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Cirbotto Family in Foggia Italy circa 1947

Post by Italysearcher »

If Vittorio was a foundling it is unlikely you will find any information about his parents. Unlike the USA babies could, and still can, be left anonymously in a 'ruota' or hospital with no questions asked. His birth certificate can be ordered from the town by mail with photo ID of Vittorio himself. You can ask for a photocopy of the original but I doubt they will send it. What you will get is a certificate showing that his parents were 'Ignoti' or unknown unless he was placed for adoption by his parents, in which case they should be named.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
JohnPCamp

Re: Cirbotto Family in Foggia Italy circa 1947

Post by JohnPCamp »

I should be able to assist as I was also born in Italy and adopted in the USA. Feel free to PM me and I can give you some pointers.

John Pierre Campitelli
JohnPCamp@aol.com