Muratore

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

Muratore

Post by lilbees »

What would be mined around Napoli in the 1880s? Stonecutters.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Muratore

Post by ricbru »

Muratore is bricklayer or mason
ciao Riccardo
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

I feel dumb posting this one. I am pretty sure that many of the males in the family worked in mining but I wondered mining what?

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Hey thanks for the information. The reading of the book (in progress) has been quite informative.

I know my great grandfather, when he moved to Sicily from Naples, worked in the sulphur mines around Lecara Friddi.

Not sure what was being quarried around Gabes in the southern part of Tunisia. I know there was marble but not sure what else.

My grandfather learned the marble cutting trade before coming to the U.S. in 1902 at the age of 18. His early years here were spent cutting headstones and laying bricks for the streets in Chicago while apprenticing to be a barber.

lilbees