SURNAME PALITO (or variation of spelling) SEARCH

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DANDREA

SURNAME PALITO (or variation of spelling) SEARCH

Post by DANDREA »

I am looking for any realitives for personal reason only. To know my family, and, or add to my family tree. I am not possitive, but I believe part of my family came from L'Aquila Abruzzi, surname D'Andrea. I am not positive if they moved there from another part of Italy though. Ialso have posible realitives from ROME.
My father;
RONALD C D'ANDREA

His parents FELICE & ADELINE D'ANDREA- ADELINES maiden name PALITO , or variation of spelling.

Posible parents of FELICE D'ANDREA;
SABATINO & FILOMENA D'ANDREA- FILOMENAS maiden name unknown.
Also I am not possitive if SABATINO & FILOMENA are my realitives I was only told this, but I have no proff.

Felice came to the US to OHIO, where he married & he & Adeline had children, SAM,JOHN,TERESA, & RONALD D'ANDREA.

Felice & Adeline later seperated.
Felice went to FLORIDA where he passed away.
Adeline went to Southern CALIFORNIA where she passed away.

Felice & Adeline are my grandparents.
I would love to add to my family tree, and, or find any living realitives.

Thank you,
LISA
D'ANDREA
Essgee
Master
Master

Re: SURNAME PALITO (or variation of spelling) SEARCH

Post by Essgee »

Not sure if this is it by any stretch of the imagination......but only thing I could find:

1910 Census of Landsdale Borough, Montogomery, PA
ED 86, page 24A

Polito, Pasquale, age 31, arrived 1901, born Italy, married 11 years.
------, Ermina, age 31, born Italy, arrived 1903 married 11 years,
had two children, 2 children still living.
-------, Adelina, age 4, born PA
-------, Feminia, age 2 born PA

I could not fing this family again in either PA or Ohio....so I cannot say. However, I went through the entire Pa Census miracode for 1910 and this was the only child named Adelina listed...and it is the correct age. I looked at every family list.

At Ellis Island, there was a Pasquale Polito listed...and the only Pasquale in 1901 with a soundex to the name Palito...in the correct age range. This Pasquale was Pasquale Polito, age 23 and he came from the town of Serramazzana, which is in the Province of Salerno. It is almost at the coast.

Maybe someone else can help find them as well...they are hiding for sure!

Have a good one...........
DANDREA

Re: SURNAME PALITO (or variation of spelling) SEARCH

Post by DANDREA »

Essgee
Thank you again for the help, I do know Adeline was born in the state of PA, I found on her death record. i just posted this on the other forum Rome family search. I think my mother said Adeline was born in 1906, so it fits together if she was 4years old in 1910. I believe it was Glendale,Ca where she passed away. Or someother city in Los Angeles county. I was only one month old when she passed away, so I never knew her. But there was a big age difference w/ my mother & father he is 20 years older than her. That is why it is harder for me to find any living realitives.
I did search some records through those paid sites, I did not pay though I used the two week free trial. But could not find anything on her birth, but that is where I found her death record.

Thanks again
Lisa
D'ANDREA