Looking for Fidani

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
billmeiers

Looking for Fidani

Post by billmeiers »

Ciao

I am trying to trace my Great Grandfather, Maroni Fidani. He was born between 1836 & 1840 in Porto Civitanova / Civitanova Marche. His father was Antonio Fidani and his mother was Carolina Poulareci or Carolanie Paluire. This information comes from his death certificate. I am told he left Italy as a youngster and he finally settled in Victoria, Australia. He married twice, his first wife passed away. It also says he lived in Victoria for 50 years so would had arrived here aged 26 to 30.

Any information would be much appreciated.
Buona notte

Bill
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Fidani

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Hi, Bill.

I think this might help immensely -

From the Austalian National Archives:
Item details for: A712, 1879/P3916

Title Fidani (Fidini) Marone - naturalisation
Contents date range 1879 - 1879
Series number A712
Control symbol 1879/P3916
Item barcode 1597229
Location Canberra
Access status Open
Date of decision 07 Oct 1994
Physical format PAPER FILES AND DOCUMENTS (allocated at series level)
Visibility and availability indicators 28. Refer to Preservation Services for advice
Alternative series and control symbol A712, 1879/03916
Date registered 14 Apr 1997

Start here: http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/record ... index.aspx

Click the "Register" link and do so, then Log In.

Search for "fidani"

Once you see the record as shown above, click the "Request Copy" link which will appear alongside the record.

Hope this helps! I have seen other Australian naturalization document sets and they are usually very complete with info on current address, where born, names, birthdates and places of spouse and children, and so on.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
billmeiers

Re: Looking for Fidani

Post by billmeiers »

Hi Carmen

Thank you for the information. Believe it or not, I'm already registered as a researcher at NAA as I've done a lot of military research, but I never gave "naturalisation" a thought. Found the record and have ordered an online copy so will wait anxiuosly for the result. Also have a German ancestor I've been trying to track so will head back to the NAA and see what I can find. Sometimes you just need a little prompting :? .

Again, grazie

Bill