Translation of email from Messina

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Translation of email from Messina

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

Hello! I received this email from the Stato Civile in Messina today! I have and idea what it says, but could someone please translate it for me? Grazie!

ARCHIVIO DI STATO
VIA AVELLINO, 1
98124 MESSINA – ITALIA

Prot. 174/2011 – 2 IX.5.2

Il risposta alla Sua richiesta del 18 gennaio, si comunica che
è stato trovato l'atto di matrimonio avvenuto in Novara Sicilia
il giorno14.11.1857 tra:
Aveni Salvatore di anni 32 nato a Novara Sic. Figlio di Giuseppe
e Milici Carmela con
Rosalia Salvo di anni 23 nata a Barcellona P.G. Figlia di Antonino
e Domenica Campo.
Salvatore è nato nel 1825 e, purtroppo, manca il volume di questo
anno. Se proprio Le interessa può scrivere al “Rev. Parroco della
Parrocchia di 98058 Novara Sicilia prov. Messinaâ€
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Translation of email from Messina

Post by adelfio »

I think its says
In answer to your request to the marriage in Novara Sicily Nov 14 1857 of
Salvatore Aveni 32 born in Novaro Sicily son of Giuseppe and Carmela Milici to Rosalia Salvo 23 born in Barcelona P.G. daughter of Antonnio and Domenica Campo.
Salvatore born in 1826 in Novaro they are missing this volume you can write to the diocese of Messina for this info .Rosalia born Feb 6 1834 same parents as above. Other childred
Carmela born Nov 11 1858/ Antonnio born Nov 28 1862
Send sealed envelope and $5.00 Euro for each record
Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

In response to your request of 18 January, communicating that a marriage that took place in Novara, Sicily on Nov. 14, 1857 was found between:
Salvatore Aveni, 32 years old, born in Novara, son of Giuseppe and of Carmela Milici; with Rosalia Salvo, 23 years old, born in Barcellona, daughter of Antonino and of Domenica Campo.
Salvatore was born in 1825, and unfortunately the volume of this year is missing. If you are interested you can write to the Pastor of the Parish in Novara Sicily 98058, province of Messina.
Rosalia was born in Barcellona on February 6, 1834 daughter of Antonino and of Domenica Campo.
Salvatore and Rosalia had the children:
Carmela born Nov. 11, 1858
Antonino born Nov. 28, 1862
To have copies of these acts you will need to send in a sealed envelope directly to this office the sum of 5 Euros for the cost of the copies (or you can send 5 dollars American)
Regards,
Dott. Alfio Seminara, Director

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hey Marty :-)

You are faster than I am!!!
Sorry, we must have been typing at the same time...

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

T my is the short version your is right on!!!
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

Thank you very much! You guys are great! That was pretty much what I thought it said! Something is troubling me however. In December I received documents from the Comune di Novara di Sicilia. They gave me the information on Salvatore D'Aveni and Rosalia Di Salvo that I used to send to the Archivio Stato in Messina. Now, in this email, everything about Salvatore is the same, but the Archivio had a different BIRTH DATE, BIRTH PLACE and different PARENTS names for Rosalia DiSalvo. The son, Antonio D'Aveni, matched the information that I previously had as well. So, should I assume that maybe the Comune di Novara di Sicilia was incorrect in Rosalia's information? Also, Novara di Sicilia did NOT have any marriage information....could that because Rosalia was really from Barcellona and not Novara? Has anyone else experienced a discrepancy like this before? Should I go ahead and send an email and letter to Barcellona to--just, if anything, to rule it out?
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

Ok--in re-reading my previous comment--I realized that the marriage DID take place in Novara. Is that strange if Rosalia really was from Barcellona? Wouldn't the marriage have taken place in HER Comune?
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

It's possible that, by the time of the marriage, both she and her parents were residing in Novara
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

OH! I never thought of that! Thank you! In your opinion, should I go with the info that the Archivio Stato had on Rosalia or what the Comune had???
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

You could write back to the town of Novara and ask if they have any emigration registers for her and her family. Towns kept track of the goings and comings of individuals in their towns. So the town may be able to tell you what year she came to reside in the town, if in fact she did reside there, and if her parents were residents of the town as well.
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

WOW! Thanks again! I never thought of that either! Then I'm assuming an emigration register would have her birth date, etc......then I'll know WHICH Rosalia is the correct one! Maestra36..you are amazing! Grazie!
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

Also, when I write my letter to Novara....should I write it tothe Comune or the Stato Civile? Should I give them the info I received from Messina about Rosalia?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

ginaruiz1998 wrote:Also, when I write my letter to Novara....should I write it tothe Comune or the Stato Civile? Should I give them the info I received from Messina about Rosalia?
I suggest you Address to
Comune di Novara -Servizi Demografici

(Servizi demografici include both Stato Civile and Anagrafe)
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

Thank you Livio!
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

Livio, I am preparing my letter to the Servizi Demografici about Rosalia Di Salvo. Should I give them BOTH birth dates and places and BOTH sets of parents names in my request?