Help with parents names please

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Help with parents names please

Post by lilbees »

This copy is so light it is hard for me to read the names of the parents of Catarina Talia b. 29 mar 1877

Could someone help out. I can make out, I think, Saverio Talia, age 29 for the father and Maria Carmela Sessori, no age, for the mother.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4214 ... h1877p.jpg

Much appreciated

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help with parents names please

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi lilbees :-)

I'm seeing Rosario Talio, 28, mason
For mother I agree with Maria Carmela, but the surname you list is not found in that province... so it will take further study.

BTW - the child was born on the 24th (at 10:20 PM) and presented on the 29th :-)

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Mother's surname looks like Scozzari to me :-)

T.
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

The act is dated 29 but she was born on March 24, 1877. Her father's name looks more Rosario than Saverio, to me and he was 28 years old, occupation: mason. Her mother was Maria Carmela Scorzari (?), no age.

Ada
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

I am finding the records on Ancestry really difficult to go through. Having them light is fine somewhat but for my eyes difficult. I found this true on many others I have located.

Just an F.Y.I., The name on Catarina's marriage and death is spelled Talaia and in one case Talaja. Would these be in error or is Talio correct? They were married and died in Tunisia. Could be the French were incorrect. What do you think?

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Actually, I was going to tell you that the name written is not Talia or Talio but Talaio which could also be written as Talajo some times because of the "i" between two vowels.

Ada
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

I see Talaio on this record :-) But not finding it in Sicily - HOWEVER, it IS found in Calabria :-)

Talio is found in the province of Caltanissetta, Sicily (location of Aquaviva Platani), and throughout Sicily.
Talia is not found in Caltanissetta, but IS found in Sicily.

T.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

I agree about that name in Calabria and not normally found in Caltanissetta. Her father like my grt grandfather was following the work. They were doing some kind of quarry work at the time. When I started searching for that name that is where I ended up. Then I remembered about the family spending some time there and ultimately Caterina and Francesco from my family marrying. They all moved to Tunisia.

Which reminds me, need to check there to see if there is a death record for Caterina's father and mother on the old Debono site now under another name.

Thanks Ada and T.

lilbees