Colussi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

Colussi

Post by ptimber »

Civil records, as you know, do not go back before the unificvation of Italy in 1870\'s. Prior to that it is church archives for any records to be had. However, Barcis may or may not have been part of Italy at its inception and perhaps the town fathers had early records much before the 1870\'s. Since you say nothing I am prompted to run it by you. Please let me know if you need italian language form letters to make rerquests. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Colussi

Post by ptimber »

There appears to be one church listed for Barcis Saint Giovanni Battista, Via Celis 1, Barcis, Postal code 33080 and may be a good source for records. Perhaps the Mormon Family Histoiry Library has copied their archives on their microfillm records and, if not, then perhapos you can write to the church itself and request a search ( the suggested amount is 15-20 Euros). Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Colussi

Post by ptimber »

What am I an orphan???????????????Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Colussi

Post by ptimber »

Yes you can write in very simple english sentences since English is the second language. Firthermore there are only 8 Colussi surnamed persons in Barcis so why not write one generic letter to all 8 including a self addressed envelope and a dollar or whatever for stamps and in very simple english sentences (My name is. I am looking for. etc.) ask them if theyu are related to you and know something. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Colussi

Post by ptimber »

An International bank check for 20 Euros ($20.00USA) made payable to church name.. Find names and addresses in www.paginebianche.it. Put in surname in first line and town name in thrid line and click cerca. Peter
indOOn

Re: Colussi

Post by indOOn »

Well, I am a Boz from Barcis (Cimacosta actually, which is above Barcis). Still interested in this topic? I go back to Barcis every two years and can find out any information you are after. It's just a pity my Grandmother passed away last year (90). What sort of information are you after specifically?