e-mail inquiry surprise

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sunniedays

e-mail inquiry surprise

Post by sunniedays »

Just a note of encouragement: I'm new to this but after using mainly this website for search, procedures, terminology, ideas, etc. I decided to write to the comune (in Italian) where my grandfather was born to inquire about cost and procedure to receive copy of birth certicate and extract. So I was surprised and thrilled when, the very next day, I received a response w/ the extract attached! :lol: Now my uncle, (75 yrs old), finally knows the complete names of his grandparents. My next step is to use this info to write to possible relatives in this small comune (based on grandfather's surname). I don't know if they will be interested but I hope so and I also want to get the names of my grandfather's numerous brothers and sisters and some family history. Though I'm far from finished, and I'm sure I'll be requesting more assistance, I want to say thankyou to the people on this website. I got so much info. from reading past posts, suggestions, links, forums etc.
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Re: e-mail inquiry surprise

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

WOW! It's exciting isn't it? I've has some great luck too with e-mail..some responses in a week or so but never the next day! What an amazing gift you gave your uncle! May I ask what town your relatives were from? Mine were from Bagheria, on my dad's side and Novara Sicilia on my mom's! Once I finish up my search, my husband and I planon taking our children to Sicily to visit the places that we're from!
sunniedays

Post by sunniedays »

It is exciting. The internet is really a great tool. My grandfather was from Monte San Savino, a small town in Tuscany. I hope to visit in the near future also. How can you go wrong in Tuscany! Sicily would be great too.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Yes its a great feeling getting a responce I have gotten more mail responces then email and more responces from the State Archives then the comunes in Italy. Good luck

Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty