Avigliano Vital Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lbcushman

Avigliano Vital Records

Post by lbcushman »

Am I understanding this correctly - Ancestry.com has birth, marriage, & death records from Avigliano? I've looked in the card catalog and haven't seen any.

Thanks,
Lisa
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Avigliano Vital Records

Post by adelfio »

Go to card catalog enter potenza enter potenza again then Avigliano and that will get you there
Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
lbcushman

Post by lbcushman »

Thank you, Marty.

I did find it but don't see how I can search by surname. I only have a subscription to the US databases so I imagine that's the problem.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

lbcushman wrote:Thank you, Marty.

I did find it but don't see how I can search by surname. I only have a subscription to the US databases so I imagine that's the problem.
Yes, that would be the problem..

What are you trying to find?

T.
lbcushman

Post by lbcushman »

Thanks, Tessa. I've upgraded my Ancestry.com account and have access to the records now. It doesn't look like they're indexed, so I've been browsing the "Atti di Nascita". Easy enough to do when I know the birth date.

Unless there's a search function and I'm missing it...
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Usually they are by year and month in the registar Who are you looking for maybe can give you some help looking or other info.Sometimes you have look at the all with no dates its worth it.

Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Eleven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Eleven »

The ancestry Italian records arent indexed. Thats how they were able to get them out there that fast.

I subscribed for a few months, because they had the records for a town that I needed. This is how I searched.

Besides the actual records for each year, you should find the indexes of each years records.

I searched using those indexes first. The index will give you the certificate number. You then go into that years records and look for the number.

Occasionally, if I didnt find what I was looking for using this method..I just searched page by page using the actual records.

Although both of these methods are somewhat time comsuming..it is much, much better than using the FHL. You are in your own home, can search any time of the day or night..and these are crisp clear records, not like some of those on the FHL films.

Good luck in your research.