Status of my application

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Status of my application

Post by sceaminmonkey »

It's been two month and I know I'm not suppose to but I wanna check y application status. I applied in NYC . Any thoughts? Goof idea bad idea?
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Status of my application

Post by ricbru »

usually you get your citizenship in about 550 days

you can check your status here

https://cittadinanza.interno.it/sicitt/index2.jsp

ciao Riccardo
sceaminmonkey
Master
Master

Post by sceaminmonkey »

Then why would they tell ne 3-4 months?
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Screaminmonkey,
I know the procedure to get the citizenship used to be 550 days, it doesnt matter if you apply in italy or abroad.
But not worries, just dont call the consulate, it will call you, to notify you are an italian citizen. My cousin applied in SF on march 2007 and he became italian citizen on oct 2008.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

The time table the consulate provides is only an approximation. I was told three months, and got my letter in three weeks. Sometimes it's less time (as with me), and sometimes more time is required. Be patient. If your documents are ok, it will happen.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

at this point I guess the time to wait is less, just be patient, and your dream will come true soon
bye Riccardo
UpstateNY

Post by UpstateNY »

Riccardo, this is the first I am hearing of a website to check the status. What information must you have in order to use this website? Thanks in advance for any info!
UpstateNY

Post by UpstateNY »

Specifically what is "numero practica" on the form? Thanks!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

UpstateNY wrote:Specifically what is "numero practica" on the form? Thanks!
I've never seen this site, either.

First, "Prefettura di presentazione:" would be, I presume, "Estero" meaning External or "outside Italy".

I understand that most government dealings within Italy result in some sort of receipt being issued whenever you file papers, applications, etc. I presume "Numero pratica" would be this receipt number and that it would be of Type ("tipo") K10/C or K10.

My own application was filed at New York City in mid-2008 (and approved 6 weeks later); I was not issued a receipt and I have tried (out of curiousity) using the case number given on my acceptance letter without success.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
kontessa
Elite
Elite

Post by kontessa »

Maybe the site is only useful for applicants within Italy? And maybe only for those applying at the prefettura - those by marriage or naturalizing since they ask specifically which prefect you applied under?

Link to a page in English (hope it works) :
http://www.interno.it/mininterno/export ... tions.html
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

kontessa wrote:Maybe the site is only useful for applicants within Italy? And maybe only for those applying at the prefettura - those by marriage or naturalizing since they ask specifically which prefect you applied under?
Yes, but the first choice in the dropdown is "Estero"...
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
kontessa
Elite
Elite

Post by kontessa »

Boy, I must really be stupid, because when I click on the link it takes me to a page where I must register as a user to use the site. I don't see any choice for selecting 'Estero'! :lol:
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

kontessa wrote:Boy, I must really be stupid, because when I click on the link it takes me to a page where I must register as a user to use the site. I don't see any choice for selecting 'Estero'! :lol:
Well, you have to create a free account and log-on. :)

Once you do that, you click "Effettuare il primo accesso alla pratica" to go to this page:

free image hosting
Carmine

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

I guess you need to register first, then see what it is written in order to enter infos, the registration is only in italian I guess
bye Riccardo
UpstateNY

Post by UpstateNY »

I registered. I have no idea what numera practica is referring too. If anyone has successfully used this site, I think it would be a great deal of help to many people!