surname BARSOTTI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
LisaBarsotti

surname BARSOTTI

Post by LisaBarsotti »

My great grandfather is from a small village in the PISA area. I believe the name is GIULIANO or GUGLIANO or SAN GUILIANO TERME. The last of the 3 is the only one that I can find.

I know this name because of the Ellis Island site, naming GUGLIANO as the town/village the family is from.

me - Lisa
my father - Ronald BARSOTTI
my grandfather - Armando BARSOTTI - born San Francisco, CA
great grandfather - Ernesto BARSOTTI - immigrated to US
great-great grandfather - Isiaha (sp?) BARSOTTI

I'm told that there is a cemetary near GUGLIANO that is 1/3 filled with BARSOTTI's, however, I am having trouble going further in my research.

Any ideas? Any help is highly appreciated.

Lisa
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: surname BARSOTTI

Post by suanj »

LisaBarsotti wrote:My great grandfather is from a small village in the PISA area. I believe the name is GIULIANO or GUGLIANO or SAN GUILIANO TERME. The last of the 3 is the only one that I can find.

I know this name because of the Ellis Island site, naming GUGLIANO as the town/village the family is from.

me - Lisa

I'm told that there is a cemetary near GUGLIANO that is 1/3 filled with BARSOTTI's, however, I am having trouble going further in my research.

Lisa
Yes is San Giuliano Terme/Pisa province... here are some ancient pictures http://www.comune.sangiulianoterme.pisa ... allery.htm

the name of ancestor are ISAIA BARSOTTI
I Think... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

LisaBarsotti wrote:My great grandfather is from a small village in the PISA area. I believe the name is GIULIANO or GUGLIANO or SAN GUILIANO TERME. The last of the 3 is the only one that I can find.

me - Lisa

Lisa
Dear Lisa,

The first thing I would do is get a blank Pedigree Chart and start filling in the blanks with the names that you have listed above. You already named 4 generations. Some people don't even have that much information.

Next I would try to fill in dates such as dates of birth and dates of death. I would try to get any document you can get in the USA like Ernesto's Death Certificate. You never know, it could list his parents which would make your search a little easier.

Now the Family History Center had microfilm for your town, but it is limited. You can go there and order and rent the microfilm for about $3.50 a roll. Here is the link for the film.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

I hope this is a help to get you started.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Dear Lisa,
your initial info let think that was San Giuliano Terme (ex Bagni San Giuliano), in effect only this town have similar sound, but are in Pisa province.. no, no, I searched well
after your additional infos by email, and the name town really is similar but not equals and in same area are some localities with similar name; as I, already, say you, now I know the just birthplace,
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

Hello,-I-now-use-these-wonderful-maps-on-a-regular-basis-especially-when-looking-for-people-and-manifests--which-has-helped-me-a-great-deal...see-link-below....scroll-down-to-see-map-of-area...where-you-see-"make-this-map-interactive"-select-that-feature....go-North---south...zoom-in-out-and-check-out-the-area... :)

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/euro ... es=1&ovi=0
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

dear mfjp
.. why your post are writing so?...
dear-mfjp-....-why-your-post-are-writing-so?
are an cause?
many kisses, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

why your post are writing so?.
Saluti-suanj!-

Bambini!!---Incidente della bevanda. :? --3 giorni dopo-almeno-lavoro- ma il tasto dello-spazio di parola ancora bagnato e che non funziona.

Beverage accident. My son spilled juice on my-keyboard. It works 3 days later but the word space key still wet and not working-but-eventually....
:roll: :P mfjp
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

mfjp wrote:
why your post are writing so?.
Saluti-suanj!-

Bambini!!---Incidente della bevanda. :? --3 giorni dopo-almeno-lavoro- ma il tasto dello-spazio di parola ancora bagnato e che non funziona.

Beverage accident. My son spilled juice on my-keyboard. It works 3 days later but the word space key still wet and not working-but-eventually....
:roll: :P mfjp
ahahahaahahahahahahah....
:lol: :lol: :lol: saluti, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

For Lisa:
Lisa please reply to my emails;
as already you know I already have all documents of your ancestors, also family story certificate of 27 members your Barsotti family, and I have anticipated many expenses and job's hours for you.
So, please reply me soon.
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH