Fittipaldi family search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Irina_Komarovskaya

Fittipaldi family search

Post by Irina_Komarovskaya »

Egregi Signori,

mi chiamo Irina Komarovskaya. Abito in Ukraina. Cerco informazioni sul mio bisnonno Giovanni Fittipaldi.

All’ inizio del secolo scorso venne a San-Pietroburgo dall’Italia. Il suo paese di provenienza non e’ noto. Nell’archivio di San-Pietroburgo e’ rimasto un documento secondo il quale nelgli anni 1910 e 1915 Giovanni Fittipaldi presento’ le suppliche per ottenere la cittadinanza dell’Impero Russo. A San-Pietroburgo abitava in Via Furshtadtskaya, 42. Faceva il cameriere. E’ ovvio che venne a San-Pietroburgo prima del 1910, siccome a quel tempo viveva gia’ con mia bisnonna Marzelya Zhilinskaya. Il matrimonio non era’ ufficialmente registrato. Nel 1909 era nato il primogenito Viktor, mio nonno. Parlava italiano molto bene senza mai raccontare dove l’aveva imparato. Il secondo figlio Giovanni, nato nel 1916, annego’ nel 1936. Era studente. Entrambi i figli portavano il cognome della madre – Zhilinsky. Circa 1917-1918 Giovanni Fittipaldi partii per Italia. Prima di partire promise di ritornare, pero’, non ritorno’ e non si fece piu’ vivo. Dopo che spari’ Marzelya si sposo’ con un altro uomo.
Ho altra informazione sul mio bisnonno – faceva le poste alle corse ippiche e una volta vinse una somma molto grande, la quale, successivamente, perse, sempre alle corse.
Marzelya mori’ nel 1974. Durante seconda guerra mondiale soffri’ l’evacuazione da Leningrado (San-Pietroburgo) bloccato dalle truppe nazi-tedesche.
Suo figlio Viktor e’ stato sposato due volte, aveva 4 figli – Vladimiro, Natalya, Oleg e Zhilvinas. Mori’ nel 1991 a Vilnus, Lituania, dove e’ seppellito. Vladimiro ha 2 figlie e 4 nipoti, Natalya - una figlia, Oleg - 1 figlio, Zhilvinas – 1 figlio. Sono figlia di Vladimiro.
Poco fa’ ho cominciato a fare l’albero genealogico della nostra famiglia e mi trovo in certe difficolta’ nella ricerca della informazione sul mio bisnonno italiano. Vorrei molto scoprire i dati della vita di questo uomo, qualche foto, l’informazione sui parenti (suoi genitori, fratelli, sorelle).
Sarei molto grata per qualsiasi informazione relativa a questo uomo.

Potete contattarmi via e-mail: komarovskirina at mail.ru oppure irina at xytop.kiev.ua. Parlo russo ed inglese, pero’, se la lettera sara’ scritta in italiano trovero’ il modo di tradurla.

Grazie in aticipo per la Vs. gentile assistenza.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Fittipaldi family search

Post by jcsm400 »

Since you speak English, would you please translate your request?

Online translations are not the best!

Thanks,
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Irina_Komarovskaya

Well, several years passed since I came here for the last time...

I am looking for the information about my great-grandfather Giovanni (Ivan) Fittipaldi. He was born in 1876. The place is unknown. In the State Archive of Saint-Peterbourg, I found the information that Mr. Fittipaldi applied for residence permit in 1910 and 1915. It seems like he visited/lived in St. Petersbourg earlier, since my grandfather was born in 1909.
After October Revolution, Giovanni Fittipaldi left Russia - as the family history says he intended to come back to Italy. But the place is unknown. After 1919 there is no information about him.
While he stayd in Russia, he lived with my greatgrandmother, Marzelia (Marcella) Zhilinskaite from Lithuania. She gave birth to two of his sons - Victor (my grandfather) and Ivan (Giovanni). The latter died in 1936 being a student, and my grandfather lived a long life.
This is all I know. I have photos of both sons of Giovanni - they said, the youngest son was two-drops-of-water alike his father.
I realize this is too less to find something, but still hope...
Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... ovanni&dv=

Speedy Pizza Di Fittipaldi Ivan
20010 Canegrate (MI)
Via Bandiera Fratelli, 60
tel: 0331 400289
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Irina,

I know that this is not of much help but checking this site:

http://www.cognomiitaliani.org/cognomi/ ... 0006io.htm

I noticed that the lastname Fittipaldi has its origin in the area around the town of Potenza (Basilicata region), especially the towns of Lauria and Anzi...

Is it possible for you to obtain the correct birth date of Giovanni Fittipaldi?

Laura
Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

//
Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-04-13/ ... i-racing/2

Now, Fittipaldi Is Just Another Good Ol' Boy
Jim Murray
April 13, 1989|Jim Murray
Fittipaldi is quite a specimen. First of all, there's that hair, long and curling at the neck. In the chorus of crew cuts at the Brickyard, he looks like something out of King Arthur. Then there's his background. Indy car racers come from garages in Torrance and Texas. Not a lot of people in their background showed up for work in epaulets or on horseback. He speaks five languages. Most guys on pit row are working on their first.

A.J. Foyt used to call Fittipaldi, "Playboy." Like everyone else, A.J. figured Fittipaldi would be long gone the first time one of the Unsers got on his tailpipe in a corner.

Fittipaldi had been the toast of Europe. Twice world champion, he won 14 Grand Prix races. Fast, smooth, popular, he knew which fork to use. Also, which gear to shift. No graduate of a body shop, he is upper-crust Brazilian.

His grandfather came from northern Italy and his grandmother from southern Russia.

"When she was emigrating over here," Fittipaldi said, "she had a choice of the United States, Canada or Brazil. She said 'Which one is warmer?' When they told her 'Brazil,' she said, 'Give me a ticket there.' "

Why would anyone walk away from racing in the Alps and along the Mediterranean to take on the industrial wastelands of New Jersey or spas like Nazareth, Pa.? What does he have against castles and quiche and royalty?

"I got sick of the intrigue, the petty rules-making. They have taken the sporting spirit out of international racing. It's all become a cruel business. It is no fun any more."

He retired to his native Sao Paulo, where he grew oranges and sold Mercedes-Benzes. It wasn't exactly boring, but neither was it like cornering at the Nurburgring.

"Racing is exhilarating," Fittipaldi said. "A race car is exciting, like a beautiful woman."

In Brazil, he was practically a conglomerate. But, without a wheel in his hand and four under him, Fittipaldi became restless.

So, he came to Indianapolis and started experimenting. He passed his driver's test and entered the 1984 race. Now, starting out oval racing at Indy is like trying out mountain-climbing on Everest, learning to hunt against tigers. When his engine quit after 37 laps the first year, Indy figured it had seen the last of Senhor Fittipaldi.

It was wrong. The second year, he even led the race four times. He was good enough to be picked up by Pat Patrick's Marlboro Racing Team and, last year, Fittipaldi finished second at Indy, beaten by only 18 seconds by Rick Mears.

He is now an accepted member of a very exclusive fraternity, the Indy car drivers. They don't accept just anybody. A.J. doesn't call him "Playboy" anymore. He's now "Emmo." Nobody asks him if he plays Mozart in the cockpit. It's as if he were just another good ol' boy out of Texarkana.

He would like to win the PPG cup, emblematic of the 15-race Indy-car championship. He would be only the second driver in history (Mario Andretti is the other) to have won that plus a world championship. He has won six Indy car races and over $2,800,000 in them. He is tough competition.

You would think Fittipaldi would be favored in the Toyota Grand Prix at Long Beach this week. After all, this was his kind of circuit prior to 1982. But he wrecked his PC-18 at Phoenix last week and is awaiting restoration.

Before his car came to rest--in pieces--Fittipaldi, without checking to see if he was bleeding, was on the two-way yelling to the pit, "Get the backup car ready! This one is done."

That's an Indy driver.
Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

http://sports.jrank.org/pages/1480/Fitt ... erson.html

Fittipaldi was born December 12, 1946 in Sao Paulo, Brazil. His father, Wilson, was a motor racing journalist and commentator. He started racing in his older brother Wilson's go-kart. Fittipaldi's brother also was an F1 driver. Wilson Sr. was commentating the first time his sons competed together, and made no effort to conceal his pride when they were racing in the first and second positions.

Read more: Emerson Fittipaldi Biography - Chronology, Awards And Accomplishments, Further Information - Racing, Team, Car, Driver, Race, and Brazilian http://sports.jrank.org/pages/1480/Fitt ... z1G7qnxsRC
Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

http://www.amazines.com/Emerson_Fittipaldi_related.html
Emerson Fittipaldi (born December 12, 1946 in São Paulo, Brazil) is a Brazilian automobile racing driver who throughout a long and successful career won championships in both Formula One and CART, as well as winning the Indianapolis 500 twice.
Emerson Fittipaldi is the youngest son of prominent Brazilian motorsports journalist and radio commentator Wilson Fittipaldi Sr and his wife Józefa "Juzy" Wojciechowska, a Polish refugee. He was named after American author and philosopher, Ralph Waldo Emerson. Both his parents had raced production cars shortly after the Second World War and Wilson Sr was also responsible for the first Mil Milhas race in 1956, in São Paulo, having been inspired by the 1949 Italian Mille Miglia. Emerson unsurprisingly became a keen motorsports enthusiast from an early age.

Emerson Fittipaldi is the younger brother of former Formula One driver and team owner Wilson Fittipaldi. He is the uncle of former CART, Formula One and NASCAR driver Christian Fittipaldi. He was married to Maria Helena from 1970 to 1982. They had three children together, Juliana, Jayson and Tatiana. He was married again, to Teresa, in the mid 1980s. They have one daughter, Joana, and a son, Luca. Now, he has another son, Emerson Fanucchi Fittipaldi, born in March 6 2007, with his new wife, Rossana Fanucchi Fittipaldi.

In his youth in Brazil, Emerson was known as 'Rato' - mouse, which contrasts with 'Tigrão' - big tiger - for his brother. By the end of his career he was most commonly known as 'Emmo' in the United States and the UK.
Irina_Komarovskaya

pink67 wrote: I noticed that the lastname Fittipaldi has its origin in the area around the town of Potenza (Basilicata region), especially the towns of Lauria and Anzi...

Is it possible for you to obtain the correct birth date of Giovanni Fittipaldi?

Laura
Dear Laura:
Thanks for the help! I am thinking of sending the request to Potenza" Archivio di Stato, but I honestly doubt they can help me with the date - name Giovanni is quite common, isn't it?
In St. Petersbourg Archive - they have nowadays only the inventories, there are no documents "behind" them. The revolution destroyed also the history, not only the lives of people... So, the DATE of birth is unknown, I know only the year...

Michael31
Thanks for the information!
Needless to say, I searched for several times the Internet looking for the Fittipaldi name. I found out that the name of Fittipaldi is quite famous - though I doubt he is my relative in any way.
In the article they say his grandmother was Russian - but I know, that my Fittipaldi left Russia alone (if he met some Russian girl in his trip away from Russia this is another story).
Could anyone help me with the family tree of Mr. Emerson Fittipaldi? It would be interesting to know the names of his grandmother and grandfather.

Have a very nice spring day!
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Michael31 wrote:His grandfather came from northern Italy and his grandmother from southern Russia.
On this site looks like that the family of Emerson Fittipaldi was from Trecchina, a town in the province of Potenza - Basilicata region, not in the north of Italy....

http://www.cognomiitaliani.org/cognomi/ ... 0006io.htm

FITTIPALDI FITTIPALDO
Fittipaldi, abbastanza raro, sembra originario della zona a sud di Potenza, Fittipaldo, praticamente unico, sembra tarentino, dovrebbero derivare da una forma dialettale contratta che sta per figlio di Teobaldo, da filius Teobaldi si sarebbe quindi giunti a Fittipaldi. La famiglia dei Baroni Fittipaldi è stata una rinomata famiglia patrizia del paese di Anzi (PZ); troviamo un ceppo anche nella zona di Lauria (PZ) e comuni limitrofi, come Trecchina (paese di origine della famiglia Fittipaldi, cui appartiene il famoso campione di F1 Emerson Fittipaldi). Personaggio rinomato fu Fittipaldi Michele Arcangelo archeologo che partecipò ai moti carbonari napoletani del 1820.

Laura