No answer from the Parish Priest

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kangaroo_ch
Rookie
Rookie

No answer from the Parish Priest

Post by kangaroo_ch »

I have written twice in the past 12 months to the parish priest asking for some information. But so far i have not recieved an answer. Should i now try writing to the bishop in Novara or should i just forget about it? :?:
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: No answer from the Parish Priest

Post by adelfio »

What church was it you wrote to? Did you send a donation can you post the letter you sent?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
kangaroo_ch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kangaroo_ch »

Hi Marty,
I wrote to the Parrocchia S. CROCE
C/o Sac. Rino Geddo
BEE 28813 (VB)
ITALIA
I did not send a donation, but made a reference that i'll be happy to make a donation.
----------------------
Letter:
Reverendo Parroco,

Mi chiamo Anton Dacomo, ed abito in Berna, Svizzera.
Sono alla ricerca della mia storia famigliare, gradirei, se le fosse possibile, richiedere il suo aiuto.

Cerco l'atti di nascita del mio antenato,
Placido Giovanni Martino Dacomo nato verso 24 Feb 1856 e di suo padre e madre. Non conosco i loro nomi.
Vorrei anche l'atto di matrimonio di suo padre and madre.

Vorrei chiederLe se, per favore, puo' essere cosi' gentile da ricercare quest'informazioni e trascriverli per esteo sui certificati parrocchiali di nascita e di matrimonio che cortesemente Le chiedo di inviarmi.

La ringrazio fin d'ora per la Sua gentilezza e premura. Vorrei mandarLe un piccolo contributo alla parrocchia, ma attendo che Lei mi scriva come posso effettuare questo pagamento.

Distinti saluti
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Maybe there are no records. Many have been lost in wars, fires, earthquakes, etc.
The Diocese would know. You might write and ask them if records for that period exist and where they are located.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I looked up the address is this where you been sending the letters to (phone number 0323 56117)
http://www.paginegialle.it/pgol/4-chies ... ROCE/3-BEE
Parrocchia S. Croce
3, Via Pio Xii
28813 Bee (VB)
Italy
Like Ann says maybe you should include this in your letter
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
If you do not have the necessary records, could you provide the address of the place where the records can be found?
Are your dates accurate or should you be giving the phrase dal 1854 fino al 1857?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

If the priest does not have the records, then they usually don't exist except perhaps in Rome and some other places where the Diocese have gathered anything over 70 years (in Rome) in one place to preserve them.
I would start with the Diocese, they will know where the records are.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.