Election notice problem

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Election notice problem

Post by johnnyonthespot »

My wife received the election notice postcard below in today's mail - May 17, 2011. I cannot make out when it was mailed from Italy, but given the nature of the notice, I presume it was a week or more ago.

Thus far, only my wife has received a card; neither my son nor I have received one. Being that our citizenship was registered in July, 2008, I have wondered why we have not received previous correspondence of any kind from the comune. Perhaps now I have an answer - the card below was addressed as follows:
Surname Given name Middle name
[number and street name]
Waterbury
Stati Uniti d'America
Notice the missing state name and zip code. It is a wonder that the card arrived at all considering the fact that I know of at least three Waterbury's (NY, CT, and FL) and there may very well be others.

Livio or anyone else, can you tell me how I can explain to the municipal workers in Roccasecca how to properly address future correspondence to increase the chances of it actually arriving at my home? A short paragraph in Italiano will do. :)

Rough Google translation:
POSTCARD - NOTICE
ELECTIONS 15 to 16 May 2011
POSSIBLE TURN 29 · ballot May 30, 2011

In the days of Sunday, May 15 and Monday, May 16, 2011 will be held in this municipality the election of the President of the province and the provincial council (1), the direct election of mayor and city council (1) and the election of councils constituency (1).

Moreover, in the days of Sunday, May 29 and Monday, May 30, 2011 will be held on any round of balloting for the direct election of the President of the province and / or the Mayor (1).

The vote in both rounds will be held on Sunday and Monday:

- On the day of Sunday voting will begin at 8 am and continue until at 22 the same day on Sunday;

- On the day the vote on Monday will begin at 7 am and will continue until at 15 the same day Monday.

The S.V. can participate in this town to vote for these elections first round (Sunday, May 15 and Monday, May 16, 2011) and that for any round of balloting (Sunday, May 29 and Monday May 30, 2011) showing the card already in electoral roll its possession or which may be withdrawn at the municipal electoral office.

This postcard-alert entitles you to all the travel benefits awarded to the voters for the first round of voting and the possible run-off. For the return, irbiglietto travel must be submitted together with the electoral roll bears the stamp of the section in which the SV has voted.

Whether to withdraw the electoral roll, is to get subsidized, Pl: lZioni dr1Jiaggio with this postcard-view must be presented to the passport or other document riconoscrimento.

(1) - Delete the part or parts not relevant.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
jennabet
Master
Master

Re: Election notice problem

Post by jennabet »

Carmine, I would call your Consulate and tell them that your Comune does not have your correct US address and the Consulate will have them correct it. The consulate is there to take care of the needs of Italian citizens abroad. If you don't live in the comune, it's not up to you to contact them.

I was looking for my own election documents this morning. Nothing yet. I do know, however, that my Comune has my correct US address because I received mail from them regarding another matter. They received my US info from my US Consulate.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Election notice problem

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Actually, I think the Ufficio Elettorale used a faulty mailmerge to generate address labels - that is, one not designed to take into account the quirks of foreign addresses.

I will contact my consulate and also send a note to Uffici Elettorale and Anagrafe with the correct address format.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)