Campagna

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
sg0rd01215

Campagna

Post by sg0rd01215 »

Hello, I wrote a post on here about a year ago looking for info on my g-grandfather Rocco Giordano. I had GREAT responses and found a lot of information. For the past year now I have written many letters to Campagna trying to obtain either a marriage cert or birth cert with no success. I have written trying to obtain anything from him or his wife. I have also written to the arch dioc. of Salerno and still nothing. I'd really like to find out more info on this side of my family. I'm pretty much out of ideas..and with the success I had on here before, i'm hoping someone might be able to help...Thanx All hope to hear back soon.
lilbees
Master
Master

Re: Campagna

Post by lilbees »

Could you clarify some of the details? What year/years are you requesting information for? You said you had written to the Arch. Dioc. Salerno which would be the Churches Archdioceses, correct? Have you written the to "Salerno Archives" for the documents?

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Hi
Could we see the letter you sent to Campagna do you have a copy and the address you used

Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
sg0rd01215

Post by sg0rd01215 »

Ok I am attaching a copy of the letter I sent at the end of this entry. I sent 3 letters to

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Campagna
84022 CAMPAGNA SA
ITALY

I also sent an email to (as-sa@beniculturali.it).

The letter that I sent was generated from a letter generator I received from my previous post on this site.

The letter I sent is as follows:

Egregi Signori,

Mi chiamo Sam Gordon, ed abito negli Stati Uniti all'indirizzo sopradetto. Cerco informazioni sulla mia bisnonna, Rocco Giordano. Nato nel comune di Campagna. Cerco questi dati per conoscere meglio la mia famiglia, e per trovare i miei parenti rimasti in Italia.

Vi sarei molto grato se poteste spedirmi l'estratto dell'atto di nascita di Rocco Giordano, in carta libera. Nato verso 1872. Sposato Carmela Riviello circa 1899.

Vi ringrazio in anticipo per la vostra gentilezza e premura, e vi prego di addebitarmi tutte le spese postali e dei certificati.

Distinti saluti,
Sam Gordon
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Here Sam maybe this would be better for you.

Mi chiamo Sam Gordon Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho biosgno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Campagna
Questa e la terzo lettera che Le invio in quanto non ho ancora ricevuto risposta.
Dopo tre mesi non ho ancora ricevuto alcuna risposta.
Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
L’individuo seguente è il mio antenato. Quanto segue è tutto ciò che so di questa persona:
Nome e cognome: Rocco Giordano
Data di nascita: dal 1870 fino al 1873?
Luogo di nascita: Campagna
Nome e cognome: Carmella Riviello
Data di nascita: dal 1880 fino al 1883?
Luogo di nascita: Campagna
Potreste cercare l’atto di nascita di queste persone nei vostri registri
Vi prego di informarmi se sia possibile ottenere delle fotocopie dei vostri registri e di farmi sapere il costo delle copie.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per il vostro gentilezza e premura.
Distinti saluti,

Sam Gordon
Address and email
Maybe the year is not right so I gave a range, I ask them if they don't have the record to respond and tell you where it can be found also I ask for a photo copy of the birth act
Also I told them you sent 3 previous letters
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
sg0rd01215

Post by sg0rd01215 »

Great thank you!!! Are there any other places I should try mailing it to while I am at it? I might as well send a couple out just in case.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

What address did you use to send the letter to Campagna?

Comune Di Campagna
Largo Cantalupo, 1
84022 Campagna (SA)
Italy
Marty

Marty
sg0rd01215

Post by sg0rd01215 »

Hey Marty,

This is the address I was using, I got it off of their homepage. Was this one wrong?

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Campagna
84022 CAMPAGNA SA
ITALY

Sam
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

You may try to send an e-mail to Mrs Antonietta Vitale, she is the manager responsible of the "Servizi Demografici" Department, which includes the Ufficio di Stato Civile:
Antonietta.vitale @ comune.campagna.sa.it (no spaces)
sg0rd01215

Post by sg0rd01215 »

Thanx again everyone I will give your suggestions another shot.