Surname from Stigliano & translation of marriage record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Surname from Stigliano & translation of marriage record

Post by lcafarel »

Greetings. A fellow researcher sent me an image of the 1876 Atto di Matrimonio from Accettura, Matera, Basilicata, for my husband's great grandparents, Vincenzo Cafarelli (born in Ferrandina and resident in Stigliano) and Grazia Sarubbi (born in Accettura). Neither the person who secured the image nor I can make out the surname of Vincenzo's mother, Maria Gaetana Ma___ from Stigliano. The name looks like it might be Mattamonti or Matrimonti or Massamonti or something along those lines. Can anyone make this out for me? I've been trying to find a surname list for Stigliano that might help, but haven't found one.

Also, I would be grateful to have a transcription and translation of the last section of the document, beginning with "A quest'atto sono . . ." The Cafarelli - Sarubbi record is on the right side of the image.

Oh! The forum is not allowing me to attach the file, so please respond to me privately if you're able to help, and I'll send it.

Thank you!
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Surname from Stigliano & translation of marriage record

Post by lcafarel »

Here is a link to the image of the atto di matrimonia for Vincenzo Cafarelli and Grazia Sarubbi described in my previous message. Thanks for any help you can provide!

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2359 ... grazia.png