Birth Acts with Father's Name Only

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Birth Acts with Father's Name Only

Post by TriciaFierro »

Hello! :D

In a rush to grab some records as my local FHC was closing today I printed out a bunch of birth reords. However these records that I printed only have the Father's name (as the person that presented that bambina or bambino) and the child's name...no mother. They are from 1813 from Montecalvo Irpino and every one of them that I printed only lists the father. Thankfully I also printed the index which gives the names of the parents so this isn't a case of me having missing information. But I was just curious if this is something you all have seen before? I have not so this was a new one! :)
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Birth Acts with Father's Name Only

Post by adelfio »

Hi
I would like to see one of the birth records if you could put one up online here
Grazie
Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Re: Birth Acts with Father's Name Only

Post by TriciaFierro »

Sure Marty...here is the link to view an example of one of them. They are all like this, but like I said the 1813 index for these records does give the child's name and both parents name as well as date of birth. Thanks!

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8450 ... rth181.jpg
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti