Translation Request-Andrea DiPersio Marriage

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Translation Request-Andrea DiPersio Marriage

Post by TriciaFierro »

Hello, is someone able to translate this marriage record for me. It i for Andrea Di Persio. Thank you!

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4230 ... rriage.jpg
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Translation Request-Andrea DiPersio Marriage

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi TriciaFerro :-)

This is not the actual marriage record, but rather the publication of the banns of marriage announcing the contract. The banns were required to be posted for view 3 times before the marriage so that anyone who had objection to the marriage could come forward...

Publication of Marriage #16
Dated 20 September 1908 at 10AM at the town hall in Rosciano
Appearing before the official is Pantaleone di Persio, 49(?), peasant farmer, father of Andrea, 21 or 29(? - hard to read), and son of Rita Torello, peasant farmer
AND
Ioala Bucciarielli, age 21 completed, peasant farmer, daughter of Antonio, peasant farmer, and of Maria Fanio (spelling?), peasant farmer.
All parties were born and reside in Rosciano.

Witnesses look like: Antonio Marraferro, 51, (occ.?); and Arcangelo Marranotta, 51, landowner.
Parents of the groom appeared to give their consent

Right column...
Banns were published 27 Sept., 4 Oct., 7 Oct.
It would seem that the actual marriage took place around October 10th...

T.
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Hi T!! Hope you're well! :)

Thanks for the translation. I didn't realize this was one of the banns so that's good info for me. And THANK YOU for his bride's first name...I was seeing Toola, Paola...lol! never thought of Ioala! This was my great grandfather's brother and when my great grandfather came to the US he was coming to visit his brother Andrea, but I couldn't find much on Andrea in the US so it appears he returned to Italy. At least at some point to marry. :)
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

TriciaFierro wrote:Hi T!! Hope you're well! :)

Thanks for the translation. I didn't realize this was one of the banns so that's good info for me. And THANK YOU for his bride's first name...I was seeing Toola, Paola...lol! never thought of Ioala! This was my great grandfather's brother and when my great grandfather came to the US he was coming to visit his brother Andrea, but I couldn't find much on Andrea in the US so it appears he returned to Italy. At least at some point to marry. :)

I've usually seen this name spelled IOLA :-)
This could just be a variation. I also thought of Paola, but the first letter didn't look like a "P"

T.