Curatola - Marcellino Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
NCJE2910
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Curatola - Marcellino Family

Post by NCJE2910 »

Can anyone help me find any info on the above-mentioned Antonio Curatola (brother of Michele Curatola)? Thanks,
Nick
ebyrnes

Post by ebyrnes »

I'm trying to piece together my great-grandfather's story, and I believe he may be Giuseppe Marcellino's (wife: Angelina Pagnotta) brother. My great-grandfather was Domenico Marcellino, and his older brother was Giuseppe. They also had a brother Pasquale. Where did the research on Giuseppe and Angelina suggest that they lived?
NCJE2910
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NCJE2910 »

Hi Ebyrnes,
Its so great to hear from you! Since Giuseppe & Angelina's daughter Giovannina was born in Fiumefreddo Bruzio, Cosenza, Calabria, Italy; I would also assume that her parents were born there as well. Where were your Marcellinos from? Giuseppe had a son Domenico, so it was a family name, so your Domenico could definitely have been related. Hope to hear from you again soon and let me know if you have any other questions.

Nick :D
ebyrnes

Post by ebyrnes »

Nick,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Our family research has stalled out a bit with respect to figuring out which specific city/town Domenico was from in Italy. My Nana (Domenico's daughter) remembers him talking about Reggio Calabria, but on the ship manifest I found it listed Grotteria (still in Calabria though).

So far, I have his WWI draft card (thanks to a helpful, experienced researcher), and ship manifest. I know birth and death dates, but don't have his SSN.

We're all pretty new to researching family history - so we're not sure where to go next - do you have any suggestions?

Appreciatively,
E
Jennm323

Post by Jennm323 »

Hi!
Jennie Marcellino is my great aunt. I am named after her!
My Grandfather was her brother Dominic.
I remember my Dad mentioning the Curatola's.
Small world!

Jenny Marcellino-Paul
Jennm323

Post by Jennm323 »

Hi!
Jennie Marcellino was my great aunt. I'm named after her!
My grandfather was her brother Dominic.
I remember my Dad mentioning the Curatola's in his family stories.
Small World!!!

Jenny Marcellino-Paul
nansans

Post by nansans »

Ciao Nick!

Are you a Marcellino or a Curatola? Jennie and Mike are my grandparents and I was wondering how you fit into our family tree! My mother is Angie, child #9 of 11, one of seven of their children still living. Our family tree totals about 200 with the great grandchildren and great-greats!!!

In honor of my grandmother who always missed her family in Calabria, I opened a "Curatola Family" page on facebook. If you are a fan of facebook, please feel free to join the 56 members and acquaint yourself with your family. Also please feel free to write me regarding anything you want to know or members you may want to reconnect with.
Warmest regards,
Nancy
Rosieb85

Post by Rosieb85 »

Hi,
I am the proud grand daughter of Rose Lilian Marcellino. I am named after my great grandmother Rosinaa.. My grandmother was the eldest of the Marcellino family that recoded in Brooklyn, Ny. She had an arraigned marriage tonEiliam a Falcone that produceced my mother Carolina Ann and Mollie Mary Falcone. I would love to know more about this great family??????
Dimples1

Post by Dimples1 »

My mother was Philomena (Minnie) Curatola and my Uncle was Vincent Curatola (Vinny Head) known as the best baseball player. I am Minnie's daughter AnneMarie, named after my grandmother Anna Curatola, surname Savino.
My grandfather was Tony Curatola. They had a pushcart on Mulberry Street animal called Tony and Anna bananas. Is there anybody out there related to or who knows them? Would love to find some Curatola family out there. Please respond. ☺️
Dimples1

Post by Dimples1 »

My grandfather's name was Tony Curatola . His wife was Anna surname Savino. My mother was Philomena and my uncle was Vincent. Is this the same Antonio?