Locating birth, death, and marriage records in Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lindacapozzoliherbst

Locating birth, death, and marriage records in Italy

Post by lindacapozzoliherbst »

How can I contact Aquara and Castel San Lorenzo to locate birth, death, and marriage records of my ancestors prior to immigrating to the United States in between 1901 and 1903. So much has been researched since coming to the United States but the rest is vague. My great grandfather, Luigi Capozzoli, was born in 1876 in Aquara. His wife, Maddelena Peduto was also born in 1876 in Castel San Lorenzo. Her parents were Anthony Peduto and Stella Salerno. There is no information about either. Luigi's parents were Joseph Capozzoli, no information, and Carmella Panuto, born 1843 -1925. I would appreciate any lead possible to continue my search. Thank you ! Linda
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Locating birth, death, and marriage records in Italy

Post by PeterTimber »

www.tuttitalia.it/campania/97-aquara
www.tuttitalia.it/campania/86-castel-san-lorenzo

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html and send, free of charge, for birth, marriage or death records usually back to 1809

Send form letters to UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE at the MUNICIPIO address found in the above town websites under Municipio.

For any possibvle relatives go to telephone directory at www.paginebianche.it putting in the surname inthe first line, town name insecond line and click CERCA. You can then send potentialrelative letters to them as well. =Peter=
~Peter~
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

http://www.comune.castelsanlorenzo.sa.i ... &Itemid=11

This is an official for the Comune di Castel San Lorenzo.

urp@comune.castelsanlorenzo.sa.it (email address for the anagrafe or registry office there) to request information from the state civil registers
lindacapozzoliherbst

Post by lindacapozzoliherbst »

maestra36 wrote:http://www.comune.castelsanlorenzo.sa.i ... &Itemid=11

This is an official for the Comune di Castel San Lorenzo.

urp@comune.castelsanlorenzo.sa.it (email address for the anagrafe or registry office there) to request information from the state civil registers
I am so thankful for your willingness to help me begin my search. Your responses give me such a great start. Thank you.
Anufar

Post by Anufar »

Hi Linda,

Just curious- did you try writing or emailing anyone about the records you were looking for? I'm just starting a search for information on my family members who came from Aquara. Haven't tried to contact anyone in Italy yet. I followed your links and visited your family history website. Beautifully done, congratulations!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

you were already given the necessary information from more than one person in April 2010? Is there a problem that stops you from doing your own genealogy? If so let us know so that we can re-direct your efforts accordingly. =Peter=
~Peter~
Paolo47
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Paolo47 »

Hi Linda and Anufar :D

I am also curious as to how the letter writing is going to Aquara . I have written
several letters to my comune, Colliano with good results. So, if you need any help, let me know.
Also, nice web site Linda. Looks like a lot of work and I am sure very rewarding.

Paul
Researching Ruggiero, Caputo, Viola, Priore and many more at Our Family Genealogy.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Paolo she already has been instructed on how to obtasinthe documents with italian lnguage form letters. Why she never has responded as to the successes or failutre on er part to communicate with the Ufficio di stato civile in Aquara is beyond me. =Peter=
~Peter~
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Let's all take a step or two backwards and note that this original thread died back in April, 2010 and was brought back to life by new member Anufar on August 25, 2011. She (he?) is a new member and this was her first post; she apparently is only just beginning her research...
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)