Rubelli family---Looking for my sisiter

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gxk459
Rookie
Rookie

Rubelli family---Looking for my sisiter

Post by gxk459 »

I am still looking for my sister Maria Rubelli born in 1948 in Naples Italy- my mother was forced to give her up- any different avenues anyone can tell me where to look- she was placed in an orphanage-office of records I have not heard from- it has been 3 months - the one Maria Rubelli listed in the white pages in Milan is apparently not her - I am at a loss as to where to look or who to ask
Any help would be appreciated
Thank you
Paolo47
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Rubelli family---Looking for my sisiter

Post by Paolo47 »

Hello, :D
Have you looked at the many Rubelli names on Facebook?
Some allow you to contact them.

Paul
Researching Ruggiero, Caputo, Viola, Priore and many more at Our Family Genealogy.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Is Rubelli the surname given to her at birth? Or is it YOUR surname. If she was 'forced to be given up' chances are she was treated like an abandoned child and given an invented name.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
gxk459
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gxk459 »

It is the name given to her at birth
gxk459
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gxk459 »

To Paul
I have tried contacting many of the ones on facebook- no luck yet
Thank you
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

You need to request her birth record from Naples (not easy as the town is separated into quarters) it may have a notation of her marriage. Finding her in the phone book under her own name is unlikely unless she never married and even then...
I am surprised you know her name at all since it was a forced abandonment!
Ann Tatangelo
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
gxk459
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gxk459 »

who do I request this from is there a central vital records office in Italy I request from or is there one in Naples- I contacted the Consulate in Italy and they were to send me the forms but I have yet to hear from them - I have her record of birth that my mother kept ,and a letter she wrote requesting where she was and ,not sure who they are maybe records office from hospital, that she was placed in an orphanage- she also told me what she named her this was all right before she passed away- she had dementia and was very ill from a broken hip- I did question her about the father and what happened but she did not tell me much- This is all very sad because if she had told me when she was in her right mind I could have pushed for information,but this is all I have
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Ths is the address of the civil records office in Naples.

Comune di Napoli
Servizio Centrale Civile, Ufficio Corrispondenza Valori
Il Traversa privata, Parco Quadrifoglio
Napoli, NA 80126
Ann Tatangelo