Lucca Sicula Birth & Marriage Records

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Agrigentonio

Lucca Sicula Birth & Marriage Records

Post by Agrigentonio »

Hello everybody. I am planning to apply for Italian citizenship "Jure Sanguinis" through the consulate in Philadelphia. I have downloaded information from the consulate on what documents will be required as well as a 'Richiesta' form letter to be sent to the comune.

I am instructed to visit the comune's website to see if payment will be required for the records and in what form, but when I visit the website for Lucca I am unable to locate any information on requesting records.

I am in need of a birth certificate for both my GGF and GGM as well as their marriage certificate. Does this website look like the right place to start my records request?

http://www.comune.luccasicula.ag.it/

Thanks, Tony
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Lucca Sicula Birth & Marriage Records

Post by PippoM »

You cannot order your certificates online, but at this address:
http://www.comune.luccasicula.ag.it/comune/uffici.htm
you have all the references for offices of the Commune.
The one you should write to is "Ufficio Stato Civile e Elettorale", but there's no address. So, I'd write to sindacoluccas@tiscali.it to ask for info. If you can speak Italian, you can call "Ufficio Relazioni con il Pubblico" at number 0925/60490.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Agrigentonio

Post by Agrigentonio »

Thanks Pippo. I could not find a physical address either, so I appreciate your directing me to the correct office. No Italian since college, but I will try to put something together in an email.

Is there typically any problem with asking for multiple copies of each document? I am preparing documents for two other family members and would like to order theirs at the same time if possible.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Physical address is on the top right of the page.
If you post your letter on this site, someone will translate it for you. There must also be some template, but I don't remember where. I hope someone can suggest where to find one.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.