A few questions about this one!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
BMartino

A few questions about this one!

Post by BMartino »

This is my great grandmother Assunta Enrica Palmieri. I am reading her date of birth: 24 October, 1869, father's name is Giovanni Palmieri, mother is Teresa Izzo.
I can't quite read Giovanni's fathers name, can anyone figure it out? His mother's name appears to be Maria Santillo? Teresa's fathers name I can't quite read either, but her mother's name looks like Giovanna Zona? To me it looks like both grandfathers have the same first name- Delfu? Paternal surname is Antonio, and Maternal is Pietrangelo?
Thanks for any help! :D
Bottom left, and top right
Researching: Martino, Zona, Pitocchi, Pamieri in the Calvi Risorta area
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: A few questions about this one!

Post by Italysearcher »

Assunta Enrica born 23rd Oct 1869 to Giovanni age 43 son of Antonio and Maria Santillo, and his wife Teresa Izzo, age 42, daughter of the deceased Pietroangelo and the deceased Giovanna Zona.
The witnessed are both Zona, but there is no indication of their relationship to the family.
'fu' before a name denotes 'deceased'. 'di' before a name denotes that the person is still living.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Sabino wrote: la risposta è fatta ma Antonio PALMIERI era deceduto nel 1869.

(Giovanni PALMIERI del fu Antonio)
From your sentence I first understood that Antonio Palmieri died in 1869, but you mean that he was already dead when the birth was registered :roll:
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Antonio non è morto nel 1869, ma risulta deceduto al momento della nascita di sua nipote :roll:
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

deleted - had posted about one of the witnesses...incorrect connection. :-(

T.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

I stand corrected. The birth act states the Antonio was deceased at the time of the baby's birth.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.