Cemetery in Trabia on Findagrave.com

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Cemetery in Trabia on Findagrave.com

Post by Marlena »

I have just posted 175 names to the the Trabia, Sicily cemetery page on the Find-a-grave site. I will be adding pictures of the headstones this week. I hope to get back to Trabia in the near future to photograph the whole cemetery as many graves are being removed, they keep no records. You will need to go to, or write, the church and commune of Trabia for death and burial info. Marlene

findagrave.com
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Cemetery in Trabia on Findagrave.com

Post by adelfio »

What church in Trabia have you gotten records from and how far do they go back?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Marlena
Elite
Elite

Re: Cemetery in Trabia on Findagrave.com

Post by Marlena »

St. Petronilla has records back to 1680's. They are in Latin and it's very labor intensive to research. I was fortunate enough to have the mayor, Francesco Bondi, of Trabia to interpret, and the priest to write out official documents. It took 1.5 hours to find three names. It is very easy to find the wrong family due to name duplications. I think it may be easier to get the info through the commune and then further research at the church.
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.