Atti di Nascita Translation

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Atti di Nascita Translation

Post by EMTLP »

Would someone please translate the following birth record for Vito LoRusso b. 18 Nov 1884 in Avigliano. My father used to go to visit this man's family as a child. He knows that they are related but is unsure of the connection as both husband and wife have the same last name.

http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/view. ... sid=&gskw=

Record number 866

I am interested in the names, ages occupation and home address of Vito's parents. Thank you in advance for your help.
Sincerely,
Eileen
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Atti di Nascita Translation

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Eileen,

I have sent you a PM...

T.
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

PM?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

The birth act was recorded on Nov 17 1884.
Vito Lorusso was born in Avigliano, borgata Frusci (Frusci is a small Village 10Km North of Avigliano and belonging to the same municipality, on Nov 15 1884. The father was Nicola Lorusso who had an affair with a woman that was not his relative nor in-law.

The side note on the left states that Nicola Lorusso (Vito's father) married Maria Giovanna Lovallo in Avigliano on July 18 1896 and that both recognized Vito as their legitimate son.
The side note on the right(next page) states that Vito married Caterina Minerva on Oct 14 1905.

And to anticipate your next question :wink:

Excerpt from Nicola's marriage act (July 18 1896 Act #96, image 49):
Groom: Nicola Lorusso, 53yo, peasant farmer, son of the deceased Donato and of the deceasedMargherita Vaccaro
Bride: Maria Giovanna Lovallo, 49yo, peasant farmer, born in Avigliano, daughter of The deceased Vito and of the deceased Anna Coviello

Excerpt from Vito's marriage act (Oct 14 1905 Act #101,image 52)
Groom: Vito Lorusso, 20yo, peasant farmer, born and living in Avigliano, son of Nicola and of of Maria Giovanna Lovallo, borh residing in Avigliano
Bride: Caterina Mknerva, 20 yo, peasant farmer, born and living in Avigliano, unknown parents.
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Thank you for all your help. You brightened my day. Eileen
anniebooEsposito

Post by anniebooEsposito »

Thanks for all this information but I have another piece of the puzzle (hopefully). In the 1920 census there is a Jennia LaRosa (LoRusso) who I believe to be Maria Giovanna Lovallo LoRusso. I found her again in the 1930 census under the same name living with her son Vito. In the 1920 census she is living with an Anna who is claimed to be her daughter aged 40 and single. This would mean she was born abt. 1880 meaning that there was another child of Nicola's illegitimate marriage. There is a third person, Luca listed as daughter of Jennia aged 15 which would have meant she was born when Maria Giovanna was 60. Considering Nicola and Maria Giovanna were married when Nicola was 53, Luca could have been their only child. Thoughts?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

What makes you believe that Jennie Larosa is Jennie Lorusso?
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Maria Giovanna Lovallo was married to Nicholas Vaccaro before she married Nicholas LoRusso later in life. I agree that Jennia LaRossa is Maria Giovanna Lovallo Vaccaro LoRusso. I believe that Maria Giovanna Lovallo had a son Gennaro Lovallo with her first husband Nicholas Vacccaro. Gennaro can be found living on Fox Island Road the same street where Maria Giovanna LoRusso (census mispellings LaRusso and Larosa ) lives with Vito LoRusso.
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

From an earlier post
Re: Atti di Matrimonio Nicola LoRusso/Vita C. Nardozza

date of marriage 1866 ?(bet 21 and 24) Dec
groom Nicola Lorusso, single, aged 23, peasant farmer, son of Donato and of Margherita Vaccaro
bride Vita Crescenzia Nardozza, under age, single, aged 20, peasant farmer, daughter of Vito and of Domenica M???
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

From earlier post
Atti di Nascita translation Gennaro Vaccaro b. 1868

dob July 18 1868
father Nicola Vaccaro, son of Gennaro, aged 32 peasnt farmer
mother Maria Giovanna Lovallo
EMTLP
Elite
Elite

Post by EMTLP »

Regarding Vito LoRusso
#88 is the Act of Publication of the intent to marry...

Left column states that the 1st banns were posted on 5 July 1896; 2nd notice was on 12 July, and the 3rd on the 16th.

Record states that on 1st of July 1896, before the Mayor appeared Nicola Lorusso, 53, resident of Avigliano, peasant farmer, the son of deceased Donato, who also was a peasant farmer residing in Avigliano in his lifetime,; and son of Margherita Vaccaro, peasant farmer residing in Avigliano.
Also appeared Maria Giovanna Lovallo, peasant farmer of age 50, resident of Avigliano, daughter of deceased Vito who was a peasant farmer and lived in Avigliano during his lifetime; and of deceased Anna Coviello, peasant farmer who also lived in Avigliano.

The couple stated their intent to enter into a marriage contract.

Copies of the birth acts of the spouses were given to the official on the 27th of June, and also a copy of the death record of Vita Cresenzia Nardozza, first wife of the groom; and the death record of Nicola Vaccaro, first husband of the bride.

The official then read the present act to all the parties and the witnesses signed the act along with him.