Help with translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
misschristi16
Master
Master

Help with translation

Post by misschristi16 »

I sent off for a birth record and marriage record for my Great Grandfather to Rapone Italy. I put my email address and today I received an email and would like to know what it says.

I would love it if someone would please translate for me. Thanks. Have a Happy New Year!

Non ci è possibile risalire al suo avo, occorrono ulteriori elementi, quali paternità maternità e presunta data di nascita.
Cappiello Francescantonio
Ufficiale D'Anagrafe
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help with translation

Post by adelfio »

We can not trace to his grandfather futher info(elements) is needed such as maternity and paternity presumed date of birth
Cappiello Francescantonio
Officer of the Registry

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
misschristi16
Master
Master

Post by misschristi16 »

How do I know what area this letter is from. I sent away for one to Rapone and one to Corbara, Sessa Aurunca.

Could this be for either one? Also, I gave his name and birth date on each request I sent. Can I email back the information needed to complete my request? And, how do I find out which area this request was from for sure.

Thanks -- also, if I have to make the request via email, how do I go about putting the right information in Italian?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

You should understand who sent the email from its email address.
In any case if you simply reply to the mail received you are sure it goes to right place!
You may write: "facendo seguito alla Vostra cortese richiesta comunico che [put here the name of your ancestor] è nato nel Vostro comune il [put here the known birth date as day/month/year]. Cordialmente [your signature]"
If you know his parents names, write: "facendo seguito alla Vostra cortese richiesta comunico che [put here the name of your ancestor] è nato nel Vostro comune il [put here the known birth date as day/month/year] da [father given name] e da [mother full name].
Cordialmente [your signature]"
misschristi16
Master
Master

Post by misschristi16 »

Thank You!! Have a Happy New Year!