help with reading/translating death record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
nuke126

help with reading/translating death record

Post by nuke126 »

i am having a tough time reading the handwriting from this particular death record, and reading the name of the town she was born in. The record is for Maria Mancini who died in Mondaino, Rimini.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1990/1 ... nicama.jpg
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: help with reading/translating death record

Post by adelfio »

Death of Maria Domenica Mancini 1874 August 6th? daughter of deceased Matteo Mancini and Maria Lazzari age 83 widow of husband Domencio Beneditti town of birth possible Tambre D'alpago ??
Present at the act
Giovanni Beneditti age 56 farmer son of deceased Domencio Beneditti

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

The second word seems to be Pesaro, and it might be, as Pesaro is very near to Rimini. The first, To... , must be a hamlet or a commune that changed its name since then, as today there are no communes with a similar spelling. I would say "Torrita", but there's no dot on the possible "i"
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
nuke126

Post by nuke126 »

thanks for your replies. i just figured out the name of the town. i googled "Tomba" and i found this under the town of Tavullia's wikipedia page, "Until December 13 1938 it was known as Tomba di Pesaro."

I'm still having trouble reading the section in the record between where it says Paolo, son of Giuseppe and then Maria Domenica Mancini. And also everything after where it says Tomba di Pesaro.