General information about "special" birth records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
suz1154
Rookie
Rookie

General information about "special" birth records

Post by suz1154 »

I have a question about special birth records, those records that are at the end of a year and are hand written, instead the regular ones where a typed form has certain spots are filled in. I was at the LDS Church yesterday looking for family birth documents, when I ran across the index for a special record with my family's name, cognome. As a matter of fact, it had my grandmother (or somebody with her same name) listed as the mother, and her father (or somebody with the same name) listed as the father. It didn't make sense to me at the time, because the cognome of the mother & father were both the same, instead of having the mother's name indicated with her maiden name, like the regular records do. I didn't take copies of those records, but after thinking about it for a while, I have came up with a few questions about those special records. Like mainly, what are they? Are they cases where a child is put up for adoption for some reason? If rape or incest is involved--or maybe I should leave off incest, because a father who would be that low probably wouldn't admit it--but if rape was involved, would it be noted on that special document if this was the case? I plan on going back and taking a look at that record, but meanwhile I was wondering what these "special" records are for.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: General information about "special" birth records

Post by adelfio »

If you talking about Parte II section If for some reason the parents couldn't register the birth until later for any reason they would put the record in the Parte II section so they would mess up the order of month and day in the Parte I records

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
suz1154
Rookie
Rookie

Post by suz1154 »

Maybe that's what it was. I'll have to check. Thank you.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Sometimes Parte II are babies born in other towns then the birth record is sent by the town of registration to the town of residence.
They can even be babies orn in other countries and registered with the Consulate overseas then sent to the Comune of residence for registration. In this way the baby retained Italian citizenship.
And sometimes at the end of the year, the records are written out by hand because they ran out of printed forms.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
carmine1917
Elite
Elite

Post by carmine1917 »

I have seen Part II as illegitimate children and the biological parents are not listed. So it could be they ran out of the forms for the year, or in one case in my family, the father was away working and the children were recorded at the same time a few years later. Hey, wait, how did she have children if her husband was away working? LOL!! Just realized that.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

micheles wrote:I have seen Part II as illegitimate children and the biological parents are not listed. So it could be they ran out of the forms for the year, or in one case in my family, the father was away working and the children were recorded at the same time a few years later. Hey, wait, how did she have children if her husband was away working? LOL!! Just realized that.
The husband could be away working at the time of birth but was at home 9 months earlier! :)
carmine1917
Elite
Elite

Post by carmine1917 »

True, true. but they were not twins, I wonder if I could find out where my g.g.g grandfather was working.