Di Carlo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MazzaDC

Di Carlo

Post by MazzaDC »

I have been researching my lineage and have come to a wall probably due to the bombing of Cassino in WW2. My paternal grandfather was from Cassino and his name was Pietro born c1869. He emigrated pre 1908 as he married my grandmother in Glasgow, Scotland in 1908. His father's name was Antonio and he was a farmer. His mother's name was Germana Mastonarda. His brother Antonio emigrated to New York and I believe they ran a restaurant.
My maternal grandparents came from San Vittore del Lazio. My grandfather's name was Carmeno Meo, born c1888. He was married to Alvira Vitorelli born c1903. My grandfather's father was called Antonio and he was a miller. His mother was called Rosa Simeone.
Any help would be much appreciated.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Di Carlo

Post by nuccia »

It looks like you have done a bit of researching already. Are you looking for Italian records now or American? What is your paternal grandfather's surname..did I miss it?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
MazzaDC

Post by MazzaDC »

My paternal grandfather is Pietro Di Carlo. Primarily I would like to find my Italian relatives, however I would be very intersted in my American cousins.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Melsha

Post by Melsha »

Hi,

My great grandmother is Stella Maria Di Carlo, originally from Glasgow and emigrated to Australia in 1953.

Her father was Pietro Di Carlo.
My grandfathers sister, Angela, mentioned a seafood restaurant in San francisco.
She said that there is a seafood restaurant run by the Di Carlo family and that if we are ever in San francisco we should check it out because we are related to them. She said that it has Di Carlo in big letters and is by the bay.
Hope that helps.

P.S. I am also interested in finding out about the family
MazzaDC

Post by MazzaDC »

You are indeed related to me. Stella was my aunt. She was born in Denniston in 1912. She married Carl Heidrich and your Grandfather is either Leslie or Carl. The restaurant was owned by Antonio Di Carlo as far as I am aware. He was the brother of Pietro (my grandfather). I have a vague recollection that he died in the late sixties early seventies ( I was young so it is quite vague). I remember most of my aunts that emigrated to Australia, most visited us when we stayed in Ardrossan.
MrMacAdams

Post by MrMacAdams »

I see these posts are quite old, but I am interested in the same line. Stella, mentioned here, was my mother, and I live in Australia. Has any progress been made tracking down the Italian side -- Germana Mastonada, and the Meo and Di Carlo relatives?
greglam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by greglam »

Hello, I am from Steubenville, Ohio, USA and the DiCarlo name is well known there and in the general area. They hail from Sora, Lazio. Maybe this will help. https://www.dicarlospizza.com/story

All the best,
-Greg