Spadaccini, Italy to Ireland

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lindarhead

Spadaccini, Italy to Ireland

Post by lindarhead »

Hello everyone,

I'm researching a Christopher Spadaccini who was born in Italy but died suddenly, eating his dinner one night, in Dublin, Ireland, 2 May 1832. He had three children at least born between 1803 and 1817. He was the proprietor of a Coffee House.The report of his death in a Dublin newspaper doesn't specify his age, but the newspaper report says that his physician had warned his family that he may die suddenly so perhaps not a young man.When his great granddaughter married the notice says of his son, another Christopher, that he was of Dublin,Ireland, and Venice,Italy. So maybe something of a clue there. I know I have to write to the commune a person was born in for information, but just wanted some advice really, in the hope that someone out there has knowledge of this family.From Christopher down through his son and grandson they seem to have had coffee houses, cafes and hotels.

Many thanks,

Linda
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Spadaccini, Italy to Ireland

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Linda! :-)

Maybe the marriage of another son?

Groom's Name: Charles Spadaccini
Groom's Birth Date:
Groom's Birthplace:
Groom's Age:
Bride's Name: Caroline Hawker
Bride's Birth Date:
Bride's Birthplace:
Bride's Age:
Marriage Date: 29 Sep 1853
Marriage Place: Dublin South, Dub, Ire
Groom's Father's Name: Christopher Spadaccini
Groom's Mother's Name:
Bride's Father's Name: William Hawker
Bride's Mother's Name:
Groom's Race:
Groom's Marital Status:
Groom's Previous Wife's Name:
Bride's Race:
Bride's Marital Status:
Bride's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M70208-5
System Origin: Ireland-VR
Source Film Number: 101346
Reference Number: 2:3F5FB52

If this is one of Christopher's sons, maybe you could get this record. It may have some additional information.

You could view it at your nearest LDS Family History Center. Use the above highlighted Film number for reference.

The reference to Venice may be a clue. However, the name SPADACCINI is highly concentrated in the Abruzzo Region of Italy, with very few in the Veneto. See this link...
http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... ni&x=0&y=0

T.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

I am guessing Henry born 1853 Ireland, was a son of Charles, and i found a write up showing; 'Henry Spadaccini, Esq.
Dock Inspector, Ministry of Food.'

I have found on Griffiths Valuation a Christopher Spadaccine living in the College Green to Suffolk Street area, not too far from where my Italian Family were living!
I also found a Christopher Spaldici marriage in 1877, Celbridge Ireland.
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
lindarhead

Post by lindarhead »

Henry, born 1853 was the son of Christopher and his wife Esther. Henry was born in Ireland and then went on to live and marry in London, and indeed was a food inspector, but not only that was involved in Capt Scott's expedition, not personally but there were several letters written by him to Scott. I have all the info on the Spadaccini family in Ireland and England but am lacking Christopher's origins in Italy which is what I'm looking for ultimately.
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

Unfortunately i cannot find anything earlier in Ireland other than what Tessa advised, and pay for the marriage certificate for more answers?

I can tell you, if the Senior Christopher was born in Italy, or to Italian Parents, the chances are he would have been called 'Crescenzo'!
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
lindarhead

Post by lindarhead »

Thanks for that tip re the name,that could be very helpful!:)

Sorry for brief reply,just on the train to London.

Linda