Sedenari/Sedinari

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Sedenari

Sedenari/Sedinari

Post by Sedenari »

Hello!

This is my first post here, and my first attempt at researching an Italian line in our family tree.

My husband's family descend from a Joseph or Giuseppe Sedenari/Sedinari. He is a major brickwall in our research, and I am hoping someone may be able to help find some more information on his family. I can not give a definite date of birth or location for him. I have seen his year of birth given as between 1756 and 1780. Family stories which I have read elsewhere say he had a grandmother from Bologna, and that he was from Modena. But I can not give anything definite. He arrived in England in the late 1700's/early 1800's. The only sources we have for him is his marriage to Ann Stears in St. Marylebone in 1803, and the baptism of his son soon after.

My Mother-in-law has been told since she was young that he was from a nobile family. My research has found three stemma at the Este University Library. However I have found no information on who they belonged to. (See: http://estense.cedoc.mo.it/info/img/ste ... enari.html)

I would really appreciate any advice or information on finding more on his family. Thank You in advance.

Tennille.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Sedenari/Sedinari

Post by pink67 »

Have you considered also another version the lastname? In the Modena Area there were also the Seidenari...

If you check the Familysearch.org website you'll see several records for Seidenari in the italian records:

https://familysearch.org/

Laura
Sedenari

Re: Sedenari/Sedinari

Post by Sedenari »

Hi Laura,

Thank You for your reply.

Yes, I have seen the details on Familysearch.org for Seidenari. It is a spelling we are considering, though He signed his own name as Sedenary on the marriage record in England. I noticed that some individuals appear under both spellings, so I wonder if they were all originally the one family and it depended on who wrote it down at the time.

Most of his descendants were recorded as Sedunary.

Thanks again,
Tennille.