LaRiccia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mccall26

LaRiccia

Post by mccall26 »

This is a story that I think is so hiliarious, but is it true?? I'm dying to know! My grandma goes on about her grandfather killing someone in Naples and then coming to the U.S. (with the temper that side of the family has I wouldnt deny that..) BUT, where in the heck do I look? I have no information on this guy at all! I just know that he changed his surname to Rich when he came here. I know his wives name and his childrens name and that he descended from an area that was dominately red-headed...red-headed italians....
So if anyone has any advice, that would be awesome! My grandmother doesn't know!!!! So I'm working off of pretty much nothing...
Thank you!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: LaRiccia

Post by suanj »

Hi: if you insert some other detail about Lariccia ancestors is better for help you...
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Xaymara
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xaymara »

mccall26 wrote: [...] My grandma goes on about her grandfather killing someone in Naples and then coming to the U.S. . . . I know his wives name and his childrens name and that he descended from an area that was dominately red-headed...red-headed italians... [...]
I was once told by a native Neapolitan that red hair was a common trait in the province of Avellino. Avellino is in the region of Campania and Naples is the capital of the region. BTW, my grandfather also had red hair but he was from Palermo.
mccall26

Post by mccall26 »

I was looking at some of my moms info on him. And it looked like he changed his name once he got here to Rich. He moved to Cleveland, Ohio. He's in the 1910 census and had five children. His wifes name was Marion Martino. (My mom is pro at this, so if she can't find anymore info I find that alittle challenging)
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

If you want help, you need to post more specific information. Give us a link to the 1910 census, or tell us the name he was indexed under.

Do you know when he came to the US? Do you have any old family documents? Do you know the names of his parents? Ohio has quite alot of vital records on-line, but we need names and estimated dates to go any further.

Debbie
mccall26

Post by mccall26 »

im stumped, ill have to check it out further. let me get back to you on that. (cause my grandma is the only one with the info and she doesnt know....)
delprim

Post by delprim »

This might sound like a crazy question, but how did he kill the person? I know a LaRiccia family (close friends), and they have a story about a relative who kicked someone off the top of a mountain. It would be interesting if it was the same person.