Vigna, Aprigliano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
LauraSelf

Vigna, Aprigliano

Post by LauraSelf »

Searching for any information on the Vigna Family of Aprigliano, Cosenza. Specifically Francesco born c. 1853 (possibly married to a Fortunato Piscitelli). I believe there are sons Giuseppe born c. 1883, possibly an Angelo born c. 1886, and Eugenio born c. 1890. All were either Tailors and/or Shoemakers. Migrated to the USA between 1910-15 settled in the Baltimore MD area. There was also a daughter Ermelinda born January 1881. She married a Giuseppe Greco (may have been a second marriage).

Any information regarding this family would be much appreciated.

Laura Self
Houston, TX USA
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Vigna, Aprigliano

Post by mfjp »

Hi Laura,

Did Francesco Vigna and Fortunata immigrate to the USA? If there are any boat records that you need, please mention which person...

What about census records? Have you researched those?

Is this the correct manifest for Francesco?

First Name: Francesco
Last Name: Vigna
Ethnicity: Italian, South
Last Place of Residence: Aprigliano, Cosenza
Date of Arrival: October 10, 1907
Age at Arrival:  54y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:  W  
Ship of Travel: Konig Albert
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0028

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 0351%2ETIF
and
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipM ... 2103100250
mfjp
LauraSelf

Post by LauraSelf »

I have researched Ellis Island. Yes, your information looks correct. I show that Francesco was widowed on this trip with his niece Annunziate Vigna. She traveled to Ontario, Canada to visit brother Giuseppe. Her Nearest Relative was Father Augustino in Vigliaturo. Francesco went to Baltimore, MD USA to visit son Giuseppe.

Son Giuseppe, I have not found records for him other than Census 1920 living in Baltimore, MD USA with Father Francesco (age 68). Census 1930, Giuseppe is still in Baltimore, MD USA, Father Frank not listed, assumed deceased. Giuseppe was naturalized in 1915 in Pennsylavania. He may have also entered there. Do not have access to those records yet.

Thank you for the interest.
tonyporco

Post by tonyporco »

:lol: There are many Vigna ' all over Aprigliano , but very common in Guarno,Agosto, and Corte ......I think somewhere i am probably related to them .. my surname is Porco from that area ... and i've just started on this ol' thing ...lol
looking for ancestors
Jeanniejohnson

Post by Jeanniejohnson »

Vigna (Eugene) and (luigina) came to New York in 1921 from apriaglano Italy. Trying to find any information.
Joannsalvo
Elite
Elite

Post by Joannsalvo »

gberger8

Post by gberger8 »

I am also interested in learning more about my Vigna ancestry from Aprigliano.

My paternal gr-grandfather was Pietro Vigna (b. 1873, Aprigliano) and he married Teresa Misuraca (whose full name may have been Giulia Maria Teresa Misuraca, b. 13 Jan 1870 - but I'm not sure that the two are one in the same). I'd like to find out who their parents were. One of their sons was my grandfather - Emilio Francesco Vigna, b. 1898 in Mesoraca, Cosenza. Another son was Giovanni Battista, b. 1894, and I know they had brothers Marino and Sal and a sister Giuseppina (Peppina). There were a total of 13 children and I think only 5 (that we know of) emigrated to the USA. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
vsettle

Post by vsettle »

It's 2 years since the last post but I thought I would add to it anyway. In response to the original post: what caught my eye was the reference to a Greco. My great grand mother was Agata Maria Vigna from Aprigliano born 1864 to Saverio Vigna and Guiseppine Petrone. Agata married Luigi Grego. We think Greco got changed to Grego somewhere as the Ellis Island spelling is Greco. Agata had a brother Francisco born 1876 and two sisters Clara and Teresa. Not sure there is any relation but probably somewhere in the chain.