Required documents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
garyf

Required documents

Post by garyf »

Hey Everyone,

I have an appointment in September (NY) to apply/submit my documents for Italian citizenship through jus sanguinis. I believe I have all documents needed, but I wanted to confirm this with the consulate beforehand. Is there any way to do this? Is there a number I can call or email? I also need to get the documents translated and don’t want to spend money translating documents I do not need. Here is a list of documents that I have..

My list of documents: GGF > GF > M

Great Grandparents:
GGF birth cert. (from Italy)
GGF Death Cert
GGF Naturalization Cert.
GGM Birth cert. (From Italy)
GGM/F marriage Cert. (From Italy)

Grandparents:
GF Birth cert.
GF Death cert.
GF/M Marriage cert.

Mother:
Mothers Birth cert.
Mother Marriage Cert.

Me:
Birth Cert.

Any insight or advise would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure I am fully prepared for my appointment in September. :)

Thanks!
pamelalee

Re: Required documents

Post by pamelalee »

I have found this site to be extremely helpful. I think that the requirements vary from consulate to consulate ...although not by much. I am in Los Angeles.

http://www.italiancitizenshipforamericans.com

Best,
Pamela
5zoe16
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Required documents

Post by 5zoe16 »

Have you recieved the information you need? I have just been notified of my citizenship. Now I need one more piece for a passport. Perhaps I can help. There seems to be some difference if need between consolato's.

AJ