Crissin, Cristani, Christani, Christiani

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
christiani

Crissin, Cristani, Christani, Christiani

Post by christiani »

Currently in California family spelling of name is Christiani. Leo came over from italy in 1887 with either last name spelling of either Crissin, Cristani or Christani. Can not locate where in Italy he came from and that is what I am looking for. Ellis Island does not have records as early as 1887, from what I see.

Deborah
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Crissin, Cristani, Christani, Christiani

Post by ptimber »

Deborah the surname is most lielyh CRISTIANI. You can either file form 81 with NARA. Go to www.NARA.gov and click on immigration and then clickon order forms in the left margin under immigration. Form 81 is arrrival data on ALL entries into the USA . If you happen to know when and if he was naturalized as a citizen you can request a petition from the districty couret where the natguralziation took place and that will have his vital infromation. If he died after 1963 you can go thru social security. Please let me know. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

christiani wrote:Currently in California family spelling of name is Christiani. Leo came over from italy in 1887 with either last name spelling of either Crissin, Cristani or Christani. Can not locate where in Italy he came from and that is what I am looking for. Ellis Island does not have records as early as 1887, from what I see.

Deborah
Hi Deborah, someone Cristiani people in California (around year emigration your ancestor) coming from Sandalo (are 2 Sandalo fraction in Italy-in Carloforte town/Sardegna and in Nettuno town/Lazio; and also are someone Sondalo locality).. in Italy from 1880/1891 are 5 records for Cristiani persons emigrated in USA, but nobody Leo first name(? Leo/Leopoldo/Leonardo/Leonzio?)..More: in Italy are also
-Cristini (only 3 persons emigrated 1880/1891, nobody Leo)
- Cristiano( 100 persons emigrated 1880/1891 nobody Leo) surnames.. you know someone other detail on your ancestor..?
regards, suanj
christiani

Post by christiani »

Suanj,

I was wondering where you obtained this information?

Deborah
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

christiani wrote:Suanj,

I was wondering where you obtained this information?

Deborah
Hi Deborah, to this website free registration http://213.212.128.168/radici/ie/defaultie.htm
also I found an post 2002 of an Debbie on line that search Cristiani circus family..emigrated in USA..I found that this Cristiani circus family(father, mother an 12 sons/daughters)coming from Mirandola town(Modena province/Emilia Romagna region) ..someone suggestions? suanj
Taniachristani

Post by Taniachristani »

My name is Tania Christani and I'd like to know something about my family too. I'm like Deborah: trying to find my ancestors. Someone could help me?
thanks
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Hi,

In order for us to help you we need more specifics. Do you know the names of your ancestors that immigated to the USA?

Have you found them on census reports? That will give a year of immigration and naturalization status.

Please repost with names, dates of birth (or approximate), places they lived in the USA. Name of spouse and children so we can find them on the census.

Debbie
Cassia

Post by Cassia »

My name is Cassia. I'm brazilian.
My grandfather was born in Veneto-Venezia- Santo stino di Livenza.
PFamily's name MICHIELIM.
If someone have a news about.
Please write-me cassiapedroso@hotmail.com

meu nome é Cassia. Sou brasileira
Estou buscando informações sobre parentes com o sobrenome Michielin.
Meu bisavô nasceu em Santo Stino di Livenza.
seu nome era Pietro Michielin.
Seus pais chamavam-se Gaetano e Teresa.
Se alguém tiver alguma informação, por favor me escreva.
Thanks