Sibilia - Castelleto sopra Ticino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JudithClark

Sibilia - Castelleto sopra Ticino

Post by JudithClark »

My grandfather Francesco Martino Sibilia born 14 November 1874 in Castelleto sopra Ticino and later came to England. His parents were Luigi and Barbara (Broggio). Trying to trace any relatives and any help appreciated.
Michael31
Master
Master

Re: Sibilia - Castelleto sopra Ticino

Post by Michael31 »

Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

Broggio
28053 Castelletto Sopra Ticino (NO)
http://www.comune.castellettosopraticino.no.it/
lzimmermann

Post by lzimmermann »

Hi Judith,
My name is Lionel and my great grand-father is born in July 1900 in Castelleto Sopra Ticino like Francesco you grandfather. His name was Baptiste (Battisto in Italian) Sibilia, he emigrates in France. Based on my grand-mother's information he had many brothers and sisters (quite common in that time). Let me know if you have more infos.
Kind regards,
Lionel
JudithClark

Post by JudithClark »

Grazie tutti per informazione. Vado a Castelletto la settimana prossima cercare il mia familia. :D
JudithClark

Post by JudithClark »

Looking for any relatives of GIUSEPPE SIBILIA, son of Luigi and Barbara (Broggio). Born Castelletto sopra Ticino approx 1885 and married Antonia Guenzi in 1910 in Arona. Parents of Antonia were Giovanni and Giuseppina (Minella). Brother of Giuseppe was my grandfather Francesco Martino Sibilia born 1874. :?:
JudithClark

Post by JudithClark »

lzimmermann wrote:Hi Judith,
My name is Lionel and my great grand-father is born in July 1900 in Castelleto Sopra Ticino like Francesco you grandfather. His name was Baptiste (Battisto in Italian) Sibilia, he emigrates in France. Based on my grand-mother's information he had many brothers and sisters (quite common in that time). Let me know if you have more infos.
Kind regards,
Lionel
Hello Lionel - do you know the names or dates of birth of Battisto's parents? Judith Clark
lzimmermann

Post by lzimmermann »

Dear Judith, tanks a lot for your reply. Actually the name is Battista (not Battisto). His Parent names are: Giovanni and Maria (born Nosconi). Unfortunately I don't have the birthdate. Tanks and best regards. Lionel
JudithClark

Post by JudithClark »

lzimmermann wrote:Dear Judith, tanks a lot for your reply. Actually the name is Battista (not Battisto). His Parent names are: Giovanni and Maria (born Nosconi). Unfortunately I don't have the birthdate. Tanks and best regards. Lionel
Thank you Lionel for coming back so quickly. I am going to Castelletto next week and will see if I can find any further information. With kind regards. Judith
lzimmermann

Post by lzimmermann »

Hi Judith,
It's great that you can go there. That's very kind from you, very apprecitated.
It's always great to find relatives that we didn't no the existence before the genealogy seeks. Wish you a very good trip and maybe learn things from you soon.
Kind regards,
Lionel
JudithClark

Post by JudithClark »

Looking for any relatives of Giuseppe Sibilia born in Castelletto sopra Ticino around 1885 who married Antonia Guenzi aged 18 at Arona, Novara on 2 August 1910. Parents of Giuseppe were Luigi and Barbara (Broggio) and parents of Antonio, Giovanni and Giuseppina (Minella).
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Giuseppe and Antonia married in Castelletto sopra Ticino on 9 apr 1910; the marriage transcription in Arona 2 Aug 1910
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
JudithClark

Post by JudithClark »

Suanj - grazie per l'informazioni. Puo aiutarmi trovare bambini? Saluti. Judith Clark
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

You should write to the Demografici (or Anagrafe) services of Castelletto and Arona

anagrafe@comune.castellettosopraticino.no.it
v.ciceri@comune.arona.no.it

As you can see
http://www.cognomix.it/mappe-dei-cognom ... ni/SIBILIA
there are many Sibilia not only in Castelletto and Arona but in other places near the Maggiore aka Verbano Lake, both in Piedmont and Lombardy, but also in Canton Ticino (which is part of Swiitzerland) as it happens with many other surnames in this area. Until the second half of the nineteenth century families used to move and marry around the lake, then many of them moved to the bigger towns of Turin and Milan, and some went abroad
I do genealogical research in the Verbano area (parish records and cemeteries) If you need my services please contact me
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
JudithClark

Post by JudithClark »

Grazie mille - Judith Clark