Marriage Translation plz

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Marriage Translation plz

Post by bluefairy79 »

Found this for her birth and got her marriage as well Can i get some help with translating please index #64 Maria ermina Facciuto
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1768872797
toasty

Re: Marriage Translation plz

Post by toasty »

wow that handwriting is really difficult to read! here's my crack at it so far, I'll try to do more later:

The year 1871, the ________ 10th of March, in the house __________, at 15:00, _____ __ Luigi Merandoli (?) Mellore(?), delegate of the functions of the mayor of this commune/city of Forenza, surrounded by _____, ______ in Basilicata, the officials of the civil state, confirmed(?) Vincenzo Facciuto, son (?) of Francella, who is twenty-seven years old, a farmer here, living in the quarter of _____, who is _______, a baby girl of the female sex,
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

hi Toasty

1871 12th of March,at the 15th hour in the town of Forenza before Luigi Messarelli, delegate of the functions of the mayor of this commune Forenza, Basilicata, appeared Vincenzo Facciuto, age 27 farmer son of deceased Francesco declared on the 9th day of the said month at the sixth hour the birth of a baby girl born of his legal wife Luigia Galotto age 23 farmer they gave name of Maria Erminia Facciuto
Witnesses
Sidenote says she married Pasquale Lovece son of Michele and Serafina Briola April 13 1895 in Forenza

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
toasty

Post by toasty »

hi adelfio

ahah you're too good! just for my own understanding and curiosity, what is the word (in italian) that you have as "appeared"?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

toasty wrote:hi adelfio

ahah you're too good! just for my own understanding and curiosity, what is the word (in italian) that you have as "appeared"?

è comparso

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Hi T
Toasty keep on translating you will get better as you go Can always use another person helping on here People will back you up there are a lot of great people on here :wink:
HERES A MARKED BIRTH RECORD CLICK TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
bluefairy79
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bluefairy79 »

Yes Thank you all.. Everyone here is great!!! I know I have learned so much here and I am very Grateful for it...